Miniatur Wunderland

Hamburg Travel Blog

This morning I went to the central station to get another week-ticket of public transport. My next stop was at Altona, a part of town I couldn’t really enjoy as it was only 10 minutes after I arrived that it started raining. So I went back to Landungsbrücken where the weather was still fine and had a Crêpe for lunch (sooo good). As the Dalai Lama is coming to Hamburg on July 21st there are already imitations of him around. It started raining here as well so I went back to Jungfernstieg where I enjoyed a Swedish band at the Binnenalster for a couple of minutes before I went to Europa Passage to buy a book.

No book found I went to the next Thalia shop I could find and spent some time there reading my new book. On my way to Baumwall I got myself some chocolate ice-cream which was very very good (just like in Italy) even though it was not the most expensive one (0,80 €).

At Baumwall I met Thomas and we made our way to Miniatur Wunderland. The mini world with all those trains was really nice and made with so much love to details. We saw Switzerland, America, Hamburg, Scandinavia and some other places.

The Portuguese quarter close to Landungsbrücken was so inviting that we had dinner at O Farol to taste the Portuguese food before we go there in August. And it was really good. It was rather expensive in comparison to our usual eating habits, but it was one of the cheaper restaurants around.

Las Vegas at night
Las Vegas at night
Hamburgs AOL Arena
Hamburgs AOL Arena
Hamburg Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
The restaurant is situated in the Portuguese corner of Hamburg close to Landungsbrücken and the Elbe. There are restaurants after restaurants, mostly… read entire review
Hamburg Sights & Attractions review
The Miniatur Wunderland is a large complex of model railways and landscape in miniature. Actually, it is the largest model railway in the world. They … read entire review
Hamburg