City park and Heiße Ecke Musical

Hamburg Travel Blog

After the cleaning ladies were here I packed my stuff and went to Ohlsdorf cemetery, the largest park cemetery in Germany. And it is really large, I walked around for an hour and all I saw was a tiny little bit of the whole park. And I have to say, for a cemetery, which usually is not a place I would like to hang out, I think it was very nice. It didn’t have that typical sad surrounding because there were many flowers and the graves were very privately “hidden”.

I then went to City north, where the Hamburg-Mannheimer insurance is situated. Thomas showed me around the building and his office and we then went to the city park with the Planetarium. Unfortunately the Planetarium is not like a real museum with interesting things from space to see but mainly a movie theatre with a very large screen.

But what we could do was take the elevator up the the top level and go out to the platform and see the city from above again.

The city park itself is very big and so it took us quite some time to get to the lake there, where we just stared at the beautiful landscape.

Our next stop was home as we were both very tired and we thought it would be wise to take a nap before our tonight’s special: The Musical Heiße Ecke. Again it was in German, so that’s why I’ll explain that in German as well:

An der heißen Ecke treffen sich die verrücktesten Gestalten von St. Pauli. Die Dialoge sind witzig und die Musik sehr gut. Für eingefleischte Musicalgeher und �"liebhaber könnte die Musik wohl etwas anspruchsvoller sein, allerdings besticht das Musical hauptsächlich durch die witzigen Kommentare der 9 Schauspieler (die mehr als 50 Rollen übernehmen) und die durchwegs mitreißende Geschichte. Auf jeden Fall einen Besuch wert, wenn man in Hamburg ist.

photo by: Petitsing