Not - So - Welcome in Vancouver

Vancouver Travel Blog

The flight was smooth though I could not get some rest, arriving Vancouver with jet lag and tired body thinking that soon would be able to rest on a real bed in our hotel -NOT

It was about 20minutes in line for immigration but I am not complaining. The officer let me go but I found it strange that he did not stamp on my passport. We picked up the bag and readied to exit but before that we have to submit the custom declaration forms. The custom officer showed us "the way" to another room instead of the way out. Ok, looks like our bags were subject to examine. The line was not long but it took forever to have one officer to clear off passengers. We waited almost an hour till it was our turn. The lady asked lots of questions as if she is the immigration officer. Well, we had nothing to hide; it was just taking a long time because she has to refer to her officer due to the fact that we had a firearm declaration form and ammunitions in one of our bags. The problem was, United Airlines lost our bag and that one bag contained of 3 rifles.

I think we had waited for another 30minutes for her going back and forth back to her superior office. Finally, she told us we are not allowed to bring more than 200rounds of ammunition as a visitor but she would let us go. How sweet. Finally, she stamped on our passports. We have been inside this airport for 4 hours going through the lost luggage, immigration and customs!

We were so hungry and had a light meal at the airport before we could move on! The hotel shuttle bus picked us up in no time and finally we are able to rest in a real bed.

We took a nap before looking for dinner. There was a Best Western opposite or hotel, Holiday Inn Express. By the Best Western, there is an Abercorn Inn where they served excellent food.

The United Airlines staff told us that the bag would be arriving Vancouver about midnight and would delivered to our hotel by 2am. We got up at 3am, still no bag. We called the airline and they told us staff in Vancouver would start working at 4am. So we continued sleeping and got up at 4.30am to make a call. The staff told us someone would call us soon and if not, calls them back at 6am. Guess what, they had problem too to reach the staff in Vancouver. We were just wondering why they would not give us the phone number for United Airlines staff in Vancouver, they made us call them back it the States!

We did not get enough sleep that night and just wish that we would be able to reunite with our rifle soon.

sylviandavid says:
Congratulations being featured!!!! So pleased for you!
Posted on: Jul 13, 2012
austin37335 says:
Hi Vanessa, congratulations on having this blog featured today!
Posted on: Jul 12, 2012