Tours, again!!

Tours Travel Blog

I've never been so happy to return to a city!  After that, we decided it was best not to try any more trains, especially given that it was a Sunday.  We had clearly learned our lessons, take a tour, check the train schedules carefully, make sure you get off at the right stop, and always remember that doing things are much more difficult on Sundays (when you're in France at least).

So instead we walked around Tours.  We went to the Musée du Vin, which turned out to be a very big disapointment.  It was very small, no written explanations, just stuff in glass cases.  And no gift shop either...

Then we went to the old part of town, because we were trying to find somewhere to eat, and of course, because of the whole Sunday thing, we were having some difficulty ( my gut told me that touristy parts, like the old town, are always open on Sundays).  So we went there, and found several restaurants, including some that were already serving dinner (we were a bit early).  And we had our first real dinner since Thursday night.  I had chicken in this really good sauce with fries.  (i had been craving roast chicken, but this was about the closest I could get).

So then we went back, relaxed for a while and went to bed, since our train was at 7 am.

Tours