More beachin

Bocas del Toro Travel Blog

Is that Jeff Probst?

Yesterday we decided to check out one of the beaches on the island we are staying on (Colon).  We took a bus to the other side of the island (14km).  The beach was decent but not as nice as the beaches on the other island.  We did see many starfish within a few feet of the shore (we think they were dead) and a large coconut farm.

Today we went back to Red Frog beach. We tried our hand at body surfing. Wes was much better than I, but I don´t have the sand scrapes on my face that he does.Wes stole some coconuts from a national park. But we did enjoy them thoroughly as I had forgotten the gatorades and cookies on the boat. Amazing how he could pry those open with a crappy little knife. What a survivor! We enjoyed our last supper on the water and are headed to Boquette tomorrow.

wes_amy says:
heh- good to hear from you. Are you back in Calgary working? Where are you living? We´ll have to catch up when we get back. Talk to ya later.
Amy
Posted on: May 07, 2006
keely says:
looks like an awesome place. i can't believe you guys update so often! very dedicated. i'm sad that i missed you when i got back, but i will see you soon enough. i'm back in the working world, and it's going very well. but i sure do miss those beach days. happy travels!

~ Keely