Amber & Vic wedding in Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Amber's sisters setting up
I spent the weekend in Las Vegas. I left Redondo Beach at 2pm on Friday and stopped for McDonald's at 2:15. I hit some traffic on the way, of course, because it's LA plus the fact that I'm driving to Vegas on the popular weekend of 7/7/07. I took the 91 to the 15. It's very easy to get there. But I needed to stop and use the restroom and walk around, so I tried to do that just before getting into Nevada. The McDonald's bathroom was broken!! What's up with that? Well, I'm not gonna get a McFlurry from you if I can't use the bathroom. So I hopped back into the car and drove the rest of the way to Vegas. I parked in the Paris and used the restroom in there. Then I bought a crepe to go and walked over to the Bellagio to catch some fountain shows.
Getting ready to walk down the aisle.
The shows were great except for one drunk girl who wandered over and started screaming during the whole show. I wanted to push her over into the fountain. And ask my friends, I do like to imagine pushing people over.

I caught up with Amber and Vic after they all got out of Stomp and we walked to get their car in the new Planet Hollywood Hotel. That still looks much like the Aladdin. Why did the Aladdin have to go? I enjoyed it. Anyways, they drove me to my car in the Paris and then we drove to America's Best Value Inn, just off the strip, close to the Tropicana. It's not the greatest place. No rats, but some flies. I stayed with Moriah, Rachel, and Cheyenne. Amber and I changed our shoes and went to the MGM Grand to do a bit of walking around and some gambling.
Helping Amber get ready
I didn't win anything, of course.

The next morning we slept in, then showered and got ready slowly. Almost everyone went to a lunch in Henderson, where Moriah knew this great Thai place from when she used to live there. It was really great Thai food. We spent about 2 hours there, probably because Amber and Vic were lost and it took them about a half an hour to arrive. After that we went back to the ABVI and rested for a little while. We watched a little Mythbusters and some Live Earth. Then, time to get ready to head over to the Bellagio and get Amber ready!

The room at the Bellagio was on the 11th floor, all the way at the end. A huge huge room, it was.
View from the Bellagio
It looked at Caesar's Palace, and, of course, the fountains and the rest of the strip. The bathroom was huge as well. Just onen part of it was larger than my room in California. We got all set up with the food and the cake. I walked around taking pictures like crazy while Amber' sisters worked on her. There was a lot of curling going on. With the hair, not the sport. I just don't want you to be confused. So at 8:30 people started arriving and chatting, eating, mingling. Amber and Vic gave their toasts, which were very touching. Moriah, Angel, Alicia, Kevin, and the parents gave toasts as well. I was glad I didn't have to make a toast because I don't like that. But I was prepared to say something about TiVo in case they made me.

Well, time to head over to the Tropicana! Amber's sisters and I drove over there and walked very fast, carrying a lot of things, in lots of heat, to the chapel in the Tropicana.
Amber's head is ready!
Thank God it wasn't too far into the hotel. We were the last wedding of the night. The coordinators there were very accommodating and easy to work with. The actual wedding was very short, which was great because it was too hot in that chapel and I didn't feel like sitting for a while. Though my feet were thinking otherwise. We exited and they took more pictures. We waited for them with our bubbles and finally they came and we dumped our bubbles, I mean blew our bubbles onto them. I thought it would have been funny to dump the liquid on them, but no one else did. No one gets me!

After the ceremony a few of us headed back to the Bellagio to relax and eat some cake. We hadn't got a chance to eat too much. The cake was very good. It's upstairs in the fridge right now, actually. Maybe I should head up there and grab some. So we got tired and left the newlyweds to their suite and headed back to the ABVI. We fell asleep at around 3:30 or so.

Moriah and I got to sleep in a bit the next day too. The twins went to church, but we hung back and relaxed in the room until checkout. We enjoyed some Bear Grylls on the Discovery Channel until it was time to go. We caught Angel and Kevin and drove them to the Luxor, then Morian and I drove down Las Vegas Blvd to the Venetian because i wanted to go shopping. It took us so long to get there. Maybe it was about 30-40 minutes? I think that was it. Once we got there it still took a while to cool off. It didn't feel like the air conditioning was working in my car at all. It was on full blast, but I couldn't feel it. The Venetian is one of my favorite hotels. I bought gifts for my mother and aunt. Then we parted there and dropped the tuxes off with Vic and Amber at the gas station. We both filled up. Amber and Vic went to hang out for a while and wait out traffic. Moriah and I left to try and beat traffic. I don't know if it worked for any of us. We drove for a while, then stopped at Moriah's parents' house for some taco salad, mmmm. Then we drove the rest of the way back to LA. Good times, good pictures, lots of heat, but lots of ac.
Ambers sisters setting up
Amber's sisters setting up
Getting ready to walk down the ais…
Getting ready to walk down the ai…
Ambers head is ready!