Marseille Travel Blog

Vraiment c'est typique. Really typical. After leaving France 3 years ago, the Parisians are still rude and stuck up and Marseille's wheather everso lovely!

I arrived in France on July 20 after my flight from Philly got delayed. Well, it was more like this: They told us it will be 10 minutes. Then 30 minutes told us 10 minutes then 10 minutes later put up "Delayed. Departure 8pm". Then it got changed to 7pm but we didn´t get on until 8pm anyway but didnt take off until 9pm. In all, I got to Paris at 9:45am instead of 7:45am, missed my TGV, and had to wait 1.5 hours because the rude Parisian US Airways agent could tell me who to see to file a claim. Mind you, I'm bilingual so really it wasn't a language barrier.

All bad luck and delayed put aside, it was a lovely weekend in Marseille. I spent it at my friend´s house. I haven´t seen her in 8 years. While there, went to the beach, ate bagette and cheese and she cooked for me every night. I barely paid anything for food! It was a grand time!

We spent the first day walking along Marseille's beaches then went to La Joliette the next day for a full day in the sun. It was a long ride but it was so lovely being on the beach. I managed to get sun burnt sleeping on the beach but it was all good.

Pictures will follow soon with more details but now I am in Spain. After spending 1 week in Sitges with 4 other friends, we all came down to Malaga and now are a party of 10! Tonight it´s flamanco night with tapas for our 2nd dinner. I swear all we do is drink and eat but hey! C'est la vie!!!!

photo by: voordax