the beginnings

San Diego Travel Blog

Here we start; both my sisters and I are sitting at a coffee shop in Oceanside mapping out our journeys to Sweden, Denmark and Germany. So far we've already...well, I've already screwed up some of our plans. Our train tickets don't work for Germany. So we still have to pay for our train passes to Germany. That adds an extra couple of hundred bucks to our trip. Blast. I guess that's to be expected. Hopefully that's the last of mean my mistakes.

Most of our trip is planned out. We're just working out the last details. So fun. So here's the gist of our trip. One of my sisters, Ruth, has friends getting married in Sweden. So we decided to make a trip out of it. Since our heritage is Danish. And we also have an island named after us or I guess we are named after the Island. So basically, in a roundabout way, it's our island. Which will be what I refer to it as from here on out. So our plan is to search out this obscure island, find some way to get there (swimming anyone?) and leave our mark. More on that when we actually get there.

We leave in 15 days. Let the countdown begin.

eckshollisecks says:
wow! sounds like youve got some fun ahead of you. came across your thing randomly, i dont even really know how to use this site, but stumbled upon your story thing and just felt like saying hi, and happy travels!!
Posted on: Jul 25, 2007