Zlamabad - Aint that bad!

Islamabad Travel Blog

We arrived in Pakistan on a whirlwind tour of Nepal,(2 days)then blasted through India(3 nights) then straight from Lahore to Islamabad (Sorry Baban, we would have said hello if the timing was right!!).

So we went straight to the Iranian Embassy, waited for a couple of hours and collected our Iranian Visas from the Consul who 'vetted' us in the CCTV monitored room.

Whilst I was hiding my face from prying Pakistani mens eyes (I was in the truck outside the Embassy wearing a balaclava) when our friend Andy  from the British Embassy here, spotted me lurking and came to speak with me. He recognised the car and came to say hello!

We were planning on staying at the local Tourist Camp for Foreigners (wait til you see the photos!) but Andy said we could stay with him. Does he know how GREATFUL we are!!! HOO hoo!

It was raining when we arrived so we and Koi are glad to be at Andy's. We sorted our gear and washed for days!!

We'll be off to Iran in a day or two - keeping you posted, love Tracy x x x

laylah1 says:
Hi tim and tracy: I am travelling overland from Switzerland to India with my pet dog laylah. Could you please tell me how is it travelling in Iran with a dog? Totally appreciate any impute. Happy journey onwards. Claudia_butler@hotmail.com
Posted on: Aug 07, 2007