'Tracy' Diaries Part 5

McLeod Ganj Travel Blog

Koi on her favourite roof!

Thursday 17th August 2006. 1715hrs.

Enough of the complaining, I need to tell the people who are in charge of these countries to ask what they are doing about it all. Enough said. Sorry.

I have almost finished the day and by seven o’clock (after my aiding Dorjee with translations) I shall be ready for bed! Sitting on a hard floor on your bum most of the day is tiring. It is ironic, I am getting tired by trying to make an extra effort of not falling asleep before the translation appears over the radio! Still, I am learning all the time.

I agreed as HH the Dalai Lama quoted from Buddhist texts (Nagarjuna, Shantideva and the 37 practices of a Bodhisattva.) I have also learned that when I make a mistake, I mustn’t disregard and forget it. I should remember, for the sake of not repeating it! All this time I have been immediately discarding the mistake as part of life or ‘silly me’. Tut Tut! This realization came after slapping a cow on the bum to make it move out of our (nuns) way. The cow (a big black bull with horns) stopped and looked over its shoulder at me. Err…what if it decided to play ‘buckaroo’ and kick me into touch? Helloooooo, wakey, wakey! As Tim would say, “Planet Earth to Tracy!”

So tonight as I retire to sleep I shall contemplate on ‘waking up.’

McLeod Ganj