My requisite "I'm in a plane!" pictures...

Geneva Travel Blog

Jet D'Eau from plane
Not a ton to tell, but the view from the plane was really nice. Lots of green, definitely some farms around Switzerland, fairly close to Geneva. Saw tons of lakes and upon landing actually had a pretty nice view of the Jet D'Eau, which I didn't expect.

Transport in Switzerland is really amazing. I was thinking about getting a cab due to my luggage, but the book my manager bought me warned that it was really expensive for the short distance. Something like $6 at flagfall and another $3 for every km. Yeah.. I am NOT made of gold. So I ventured on a bus and people were really nice, so one guy told me where to get off, and when we got off showed me how to get to my apartment. For you travelers out there, if you want to go from the airport to the Gare Cornivan, there are quite a few options, but the cheapest is Bus 1 for 3 Francs. You can even use your bus ticket for the next hour if you like on any other bus, but the machines don't make change so try and have either one of those debit-type cards that you can purchase at the main stations or exact change. Losing a couple of francs on every ride really starts to add up.
fawkes66 says:
Thanks for the tip!!Going this april and this helps.
Posted on: Feb 23, 2008
markusmuller says:
Mor information about transportation you can find on HOLIDAYS-SWITZERLAND.CH
Posted on: Aug 28, 2007