Last Day in Geneva and seeing "We are the World" on M3 Love

Geneva Travel Blog

What a day. It was POURING RAIN again and I was caught in it without a jacket or umbrella, wearing a black T shirt, linen skirt and HEELS. I didn't even have time to go home and change.

I could not sleep last night because I'm in a new place, finally getting some shuteye somewhere around 5am. I went to work today just before noon, crashed an afternoon lecture at 3pm from the Brazil Mission, went back to work until 8pm, sitting next to an important Portfolio Manager, and then met up with Rina, Christine and Jeremy for dinner. No surprise that the other program director wasn't there, and other than a momentary realization, didn't think about it for the rest of the night.

I had a great time, I always have a great time with Jeremy and Christine. I really enjoyed the Ethiopian food but I have to say that East African food is probably a bit better.

Needless to say I didn't get to go to Gruyere, but I got enough done at work that I feel good about it and am far less stressed than I was last night. Plus, since it started pouring at 3pm, that would've probably made the excursion exactly as much fun as Mont Blanc was, which was.. not very.

Got home a few minutes ago and turned on what is Switzerland's version of MTV. It's called M3 Love. Their music is a bit.. cheery for me, but the craziest things are on tonight and "We Are The World" was being shown. I've only seen snippets of this video, but never the full thing. When I think of the star power in that room and the general innocence of the 80's, I can't help but smile. I think if you add up the earning power of everyone in this room, it is more than the GDP of most countries. And there are only like 30 people in this room!

I recognized these faces: Diana Ross, Dionne Warwick, Bob Dylan, Cindy Lauper, Kenny Rogers, Lionel Richie, Tina Turner, Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, and a bunch of the Jackson family, but not Janet.

It's so fantastic to see all these neon 80's colors and big hair. =)

I'm really really really really really going to miss Geneva. If someone said to me "You have to move to Geneva for the next year" I wouldn't bat a friggin eye.
Geneva