Lake Geneva Boatride during day and Palace Wilson by night.

Geneva Travel Blog

Sunbathers on this little pier thingy..
I'm sorry to report that I had one of the worst evenings in my life last night, causing me to do nothing short of deleting parts of my previous entries. I won't go into it, because it'll just cause my blood pressure to rise, but that weird hapa girl is actually turning out to be a greater annoyance than I thought possible. Probably because she's 21, but her constant squawking (and that's literally what it sounds like when she speaks) gives me a migraine and she's got all this strange liberal rhetoric that doesn't match up to her beliefs. It's just this weird combination of privilege and audacity and sophomoricism. I wouldn't normally mind, but I'm just in such despair because people I had previously rather admired are so taken in by it.

But that's all I'm going to write about that because it's literally not worth a single extra moment of my thought.
Right near the boat!

Onto today! I went on a lovely boat cruise on Lac Leman (Lake Geneva) today before heading out to eat pho and then spending some time at the Palace Wilson. Christina and I managed to bump into Christine and 2 other ppl whose names I don't remember in Geneva. It's almost like being in NY where you bump into absolutely everyone on street corners!

What an amazing thing it is to have a beautiful natural lake in the middle of your gosh darn city. So many things about this place are unbelievable!

Christina and I took a boatride around Lake Geneva and took in some sights and sun. A little too much sun, it was like 89 degrees today, AGAIN. I would give anything to dip in a pool in this crazy heat where air conditioning is non-existant!

But here are some lovely pics for you to see!!

The area around Lake Geneva is really fantastic.
Christine and Simon
I guess it's sort of a status symbol to have a view of the lake, so all these organizations like the WTO have a building practically lakeside. We also saw the U.N. Beach, which is this little "beach" right in front of the U.N. building where I guess their staffers get to go swimming. We saw a bunch of sunbathers hanging off this little wall that led to a "lighthouse" though I can't imagine why you need a lighthouse in the middle of a lake! It was still pretty cool to see. There were even diving boards off this insanely tall structure attached to the wall. Buoys were also circling this wall thing, not sure if it was a "don't swim beyond here" or "shallow water here" but it seemed very nice that this would be provided to the community =)

What else.. a million sailboats were out, and people were really friendly, waving to the tourists on the boats =) I even caught a picture of a guy.
Poolside bar at Palace Wilson
. I don't know what you call this - air-sailing? in the lake right near our boat!

We also went to Palace Wilson again tonight, and it was much less.. how do I say.. upsetting than it was last night. Don't ask, I can't bear to tell the story. But this place reminds me a lot of skybar. It's really cool and service is awesome, it's a beautiful setting and has 5 star service - you honestly can't go wrong! I think it's one of the most romantic, impressive places in the city. But the price tag that comes with it is unbelievable. So much so that it prevents large crowds from gathering. A coke is 10 francs, etc etc. But if you want a really lavish, gorgeous place to hang out, you really can't go wrong here.. if I had money, I'd be here EVERY NIGHT. In fact, I think I may just spend my next weekend here. Why not, right? Go in the pool for a bit, have a few iced teas and some lunch, maybe even visit the spa. Now that's a luxurious European holiday...
jenn79 says:
Andi, you are SO SWEET. Yeah, I'll privately msg you what happened the other night, it was nothing short of.. shocking. But I'm over it =) Gotta be flexible, right?
Posted on: Jul 17, 2007
AndiPerullo says:
Ignore that girl, don't let her ruin your time there AT ALL. You're making me fall in love with Geneva with your blog.
Posted on: Jul 17, 2007
Sunbathers on this little pier thi…
Sunbathers on this little pier th…
Christine and Jeremy