Closing out..

Geneva Travel Blog

program assistant and some students. Or better yet: Russia, Italy and South Africa.
It's been.. an interesting experience to say the least =)

I smoke waay too much when I'm in Europe. My 7-8 cigs a day have evolved into almost a pack a day. Yuck! People smoke everywhere, for any reason, and at all ages. It's insane. I'm scared my lungs are just going to give up and go on strike or something.. then I'd be screwed..

Second, I have a word of advice. If you're hanging out with someone you're interested in, and it doesn't happen RIGHT AWAY, just cut your losses and save yourself the embarrassment. This guy that I've literally attempted to shower with attention and nice experiences (spa, steak dinners) has literally managed to ruin every single suggestion I've had for him without even participating in said events. It's really quite funny when I think about it.
WIPO.
Like, I'd be doing the same stuff but without the frustration if I weren't including him in any of my plans. Will try and remember for next time.

I can't believe how much it's rained here. Pouring and pouring for a few hours every day. And it's still so hot and muggy, what in the world?! I am hotter here than I was in Africa, but then again, while I'm here I've been hustling everwhere and walking tons. In Africa, you were reclined most of the time or in a car going off somewhere.

I'm checking into the Nash Rex in a couple of day and definitely not looking forward to it. I'm definitely fried and would just like some peace and quiet, but don't think it's in the cards on this trip as I've squeezed in far too much. I just called Nash Rex since their website simply disappeared.
Why is Christine so adorable?!
I thought they may have gone out of business or something, but the phone was answered and they were able to locate my reservation. But I have to say that the front desk staffer was REALLY RUDE which makes me want to check into the hotel even less. I'm tempted to just crash somewhere for the 2 days (really day and a half) that I have left over and just do a stop payment on my credit card. But it was paid for over a month ago.. ugh.. I really hope my low expectations aren't even further challenged..

Coming out of this program, I've really learned a lot. I have high hopes that I'll one day be able to apply all that I've learned. Coming out of this WTO program at HEI, I feel rather like a trade lawyer =) Like, I know all the ins and outs of trade, dispute, tariffs, etc.
I am going to work here some day..
it's crazy! Talk about a crash course..

The last few days have been so stressful, running back and forth between class and work. Thursday alone went like this. Went out until midnight the night before, went home and worked until 2:30am. Was late to class, but showered and managed to catch the bus and get in around 11am to the second half of lecture, staying until 1pm. Went to World Bank at 2pm and rushed home after excursion, making it home just before 5pm. Banged out a ton of work like a furious demon and at 6:45pm, rushed off to bus to catch it back to school for an evening lecture with Cargill and some windbag from Australia. Finished at nearly 9:20pm and skipped the bar outing with the speakers to rush home and finish working until 11pm. Left home at about 11:45pm to go to Pickwicks to join other HEI students.
In front of U.N.
Came home at 2am with Christine quite irritated.

And that was my Thursday..

************

I'm really going to miss the program, as most of the students will be here for 2 more weeks finishing up. I've demanded Christine to email me once a day to just update me on all the drama. It's been quite fun hanging out with her and getting amazing (and obviously anti-intuitive) advice from her about boys and relationships. She's one of those pros that are usually spot on about how boys and girls work. Almost every one of her predictions has manifested, it's quite amazing to watch.

But the program, and Geneva. I've squeezed so much in that I honestly feel like I've lived another lifetime in these two weeks. It's unimagineable that I can come back and re-experience this even if I come back next year, but we'll see what happens. It's one of those once-in-a-lifetime things, like Tanzania was. An experience un-replicatable unless the exact same individuals are present.
Cozytailmom says:
Erm... England... I can spell, really.
Posted on: Jul 20, 2007
Cozytailmom says:
I smoked a lot while I was living in Englad but never became addicted. Weird..
I enjoyed your blog!
Posted on: Jul 20, 2007
program assistant and some student…
program assistant and some studen…
In front of U.N.
Matteo from South Center.
Matteo from South Center.
View from HEI
View from HEI
Kids tied together with string..!?
Kids tied together with string..!?
Geneva