LAX -> Zurich

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Swiss Air!
Lovely flight on Swissair. In this section of LAX, the planes were absolutely enormous! Watching all the jumbo jets with different emblems on their tails was quite a site..

Generally service was really nice on the plane. Someone walked by every hour with a bottle of water to pour so that nobody was dehydrated (SO important on a plane).

The flight was pretty uneventful, smooth as a baby's backside and I was lucky enough to fly directly into Zurich so that I missed the Heathrow madness.

Passport control was a joke. They basically just flipped open your passport and let you pass. My one qualm is that nobody stamped my passport at the airport! I really hope they stamp it on the way back =)

I'm surprised at the liberal views on smoking. At the Zurich airport, there were smoking lounges at every sub-section of the terminal. Like, no matter what gate you were boarding at, there was a smoking lounge within 30 feet of you, decked out with sofas, bar stools and tables and sporting huge WINSTON or CAMEL paraphernalia - it was really very nice. But everything reeked at the airport due to this. I smoke, and I couldn't handle the constant smell.. yuck!
AndiPerullo says:
Glad you had a safe flight! Now I hope that you have lots of beautiful adventures there...
Posted on: Jul 17, 2007