Fountain Hills Brief

Fountain Hills Travel Blog

Purple cactus!

Early April this year I was in Fountain Hills visiting a retired rocket scientist :) We are working on some efficiencies related to modern jet engines that can benefit aviatin in the long run. Anyway, he lives nearby and Fountain Hills is near Scottsdale. My visit to Gateway Airport and the engine test cell facility was the primary reason for my visit but being there for 3 days meant that I had planety of relaxation time and to enjoy the desert vistas of this small but neat town in Arizona.

I learned about their hardy all gree colored tree called the Palo Verde and how that was Arizona's State tree. I heard stories about how they grew all around freely once and were very difficult to remove when a building or development had to come up.

Tallest Fountain
The tree looked largely leaf-less to me but quite pretty. Of course one cannot but notice wild Catus growing all around Arizona, there were some really colorful ones growing around the area where I stayed and those were spectacular.

Perhaps the most spectacular thing to see, practically in the heart of "downtown" is a large green patch of a park called Fountain Park (what else?). A fountain spouts water as high as 562 feet, once every hour and was touted as the tallest water fountain in the World, considering the altitude of the place above mean sea level also I suppose. Here is a wiki LINK to the town and some information related to it. I stayed in Holday Inn Suites that you can see on the map, from right across the fountain park. Check out the short video of the fountain. I couldn't take night shots or video but at night the fountain is all lit up and with a black skies aurrounding the area, it is spectacular to watch!

Palo Verde tree
Palo Verde tree
World's tallest fountain at Fount…
Fountain Hills Hotels & Accommodations review
Good value in Fountain Hills
I was just being conservative when I rated cleanliness, room, bathroom as being "Good"..I'd say better than good..looked as a new property although it… read entire review