We're here!

Sydney Travel Blog

After another lap around Uluru this morning (and a short hike to another sacred watering hole), we left the tiny little airport at Ayers Rock and jetted across the Simpson Desert (I wonder if it is named for my mother's family) and arrived in Sydney around 5:00 this evening.  By 5:30 the sun had set (don't forget it is late autumn here).  We wound through the main thoroughfare of Sydney (for Atlantans, think of the downtown connector), and flying by the seat of our pants, found a nice little motel in the northwestern corner of the city.  Currently we are taking a "night off," sitting around the lobby, doing laundry, catching up on our blog and email.  Tomorrow, though, the exploration of Sydney begins in earnest, and I'm like a kid in a candy store!

More tomorrow!

NOTE: All (ok, not all, but the best) of the pictures now have been uploaded. Please browse through the previous
 posts to see them. They really are great. Make sure to leave comments. We want to know who's reading this!
UniverseRunr55 says:
well when you first subscribed i thought you were some creepy old person. but u are a creepy old person that i know so its okay. so yes, i am reading ur blog and im glad you are enjoying urself. although i am more jealous than you could imagine being in the southern hemisphere, i am glad to know that when i finally do make it over there, i will have a wealth of knowledge and information to use as my guide. keep taking awesome pics and i'll keep reading ur posts. oh and driving on the left side of the road is not crazy, its normal. the Brits had it right. why did the US have to do everything the OPPOSITE of the US. lol...ciao!

p.s. tell miller i say hello and dustin and i are eagerly awaiting his return so he can have dinner with us at my condo :)
p.p.s. ur invited to, but at another time :)
Posted on: May 28, 2006