Sweaty, stinky, and happy

Rome Travel Blog

We just arrived at the Freedom Traveler hostel in Rome. We are pretty excited since this will be our longest stay (a full 6 nights) which means we can actually unpack and get comfortable before we have to leave again. I havent been up in the rooms yet because we are waiting for ours to be cleaned, so we have just been sharing the usual bread, cheese, and wine spread out in the courtyard. I may be surprisd yet again with an impromptu visit from my boyfriend who is still stuck on a docked cruisehip one hour from here. Once we get settled in our rooms, we are going to be taken on a walking tour that includes the Borghese among other sites that i will share in another entry. Tonight we are going to have a nice sit down dinner, and then some of Romes world-famous gelato. Typical day in Italy! I am finally getting used to carrying my backpack and have mastered some effective packing techniques. You come to appreciate travel days, which consist of long train rides, catching up on sleep, zoning out to the ipod, and maybe studying if youre lucky. Soooo we are about to go into our hostel rooms, so i will update later. miss everyone!!

dobey says:
We're ready for an update here, girlfriend!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2007
bonniesarnoff says:
Hey Girl,
Che is the best dog! Bill insists that I love him more than the kids or him. I told him that Che is the most obediant.
Hope you are happpy. Your trip seems great. It is hot as hell here too. Let me know if you get to see Noah.
Love, Bonnie
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007
dobey says:
Dear Stinky,
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to hear that you get to unpack. Enjoy that wonderful Italian food! We will be thinking of you/
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007