Starting to wrap India up

New Delhi Travel Blog

Again, its been a while, and its time to start wrapping India up.

From Pelling I travelled down to Siliguri, a town on a par with Sawai Madhopur, to link up with my flight into Delhi, which is where and when I completed my last blog updates so I'm not really going to add much here. Suffice to say, 3 days stuck in front of a computer screen and 1 & 1/2 days in bed as I'd finally succumbed to the nasty Delhi belly was pretty much all that happened. The other noteworthy event was the arrival of Malcolm, who I'd previously met in Syria, and we decided to up sticks to Manali.

Again, I've already been over Manali. A really nice relaxing time was had, plenty of cards, pool, a few drinks and much sleeping as I continued my illness recovery. A couple of Aussies kept us amused, and the arrival of Canadian Sean from Goa was a bonus.

Feeling much revived I made the overnight bus trek back to Delhi on the 27th July, a two hour stop to book flights to Hanoi before hitting the train to Agra as I wound my way down to Kolkata by way of Agra and Varanasi.

Book Reviews

John Le Carre - The Perfect Spy: Top author, another top book, I'm loving this guy. A long-time spy jumps ship after the death of his father and the story is told through the writing of his memoirs and the chase by the secret services to find him. I'm not telling you anymore on this one, just go read.

Ian Rankin - Fleshmarket Close: Another new author on me and a really good crime story, well put together, really draws you in. A tale of a racist murder and missing girl, and their investigations, in Edinburgh, the plot works well. Cheers to Iain for the recommendation.

New Delhi