Another Brief Stop-Over

New Delhi Travel Blog

Brief because I knew that I'd be back here before too long, and because we wanted to get up to Manali where we had been assured there would be some party action.

Delhi is fairly typical as capital cities go, not too much charm and lots of big brand shops through which I nosied without spending (too much!). We stayed in the packpackers haunt of Paharganj, a pretty hippyish area and lots of people passing through. Joy of joys we again bumped into Eve and Soph (who had had her passport stolen and had dyed her hair black as a backlash). They would join us on our journey north. Also Jesse and the M's turned up from their Jodphur camel safari and would also make the journey north.

Friday, the day of our departure, was Tom's birthday and so myself, Eve and Soph made a dash into town to get a cake. We ended up at one of the best cake shops I have ever been to, Wenger's of Connaught Place in the centre of town. A fantastic chocolate cake, although not as good as Granny's of course, was snapped up and a trap set to snare the unsuspecting Tom. All went like clockwork, and Tom, bless him, he was touched! Just 16 hours to go to Manali...

New Delhi