Bay City - July 1 - 7, 2007

Bay City Travel Blog

The majority of my trip to Michigan was spent in the city I went to high school in. It is always interesting going back as I get older. I realize that there are places that I never really checked out before. I think it is one of those things that when you grow up in a place you never fully realize what may be there.

Bay City is located on a river that has quite the history. It at one time was a lumber town and currently there are a few different resources that are still shipped along the river.

The city has a very beautiful state park with lots of trails to cycle or walk on and there are many other trails along the river for people to use.

Bay City State Park

For individuals that enjoy the night life, there is one entire street - Midland Street - that the major businesses are bars. I only checked out one place on Midland Street and I will include that in my review section.

If you enjoy shopping for antiques Bay City has a few stores that can aid in your shopping pursuits. I personally enjoy going to the Bay Antiques Center.

Antiques

There is plenty of opportunities to enjoy various watersports in Bay City. While I was there I got a chance to take a tour of the river and out to the bay on one of the free river tours. It was great and provided lots of information on the history of Bay City.

For more information on Bay City and all the other things that you can do and some things I still haven't done, check out the below link about the city.

Toursim Bay City