Getting on the way

Copenhagen Travel Blog

Leaving a grey Copenhagen on a Saturday morning

It was early Saturday morning when I left Copenhagen and headed for Guadeloupe. I was leaving a grey and quite city that seemed like it had been out on a party the day before. The city was quite and with the dimmed light I could only smile about my final destination that I would reach 34 hours later.

I had actually planned to leave straight after work the day before but I had too much to finalize at my work. I had hoped to reach Bremen and taste the asparagus, but it didn’t happen. In stead I had been having a couple of beers with one of my friends after I had left work around 9 pm and I had not been able to find a holiday mood yet and I was not even there when I left Copenhagen.

The good thing was that my bags were packed and I just had to get down in my car and then drive. My aim for this Saturday was to reach the area around Charles De Gaulle airport and find a hotel there, so I would be ready for my flight at 11.50 am heading directly to Pointe-á-Pitre in Guadeloupe.

I left Copenhagen with a smile on my face because I was looking forward to the 1200 km drive; it had been to long since I had driven too Paris. The weather forecast on my route to Paris seemed okay, there would be some rain but not too much.

I decided to head for the ferry from Rødby to Germany because I was still a bit tired from not being able to sleep much the night before and also the fact that I was getting to bed way too late, so the 45 minutes on the ferry would become great for a small nap.

Vanessa_Mun_Yee says:
Hey Christian, congrats on your featured blog!
Posted on: May 08, 2012
austin37335 says:
Hi Christian, many congratulations on having this blog featured! :D
Posted on: May 08, 2012
siscalustiawati says:
Congrats on your feature blog Christian!
Posted on: May 07, 2012
Leaving a grey Copenhagen on a Sat…
Leaving a grey Copenhagen on a Sa…
Copenhagen