One More Week In Boston

Somerville Travel Blog

Only one more week to go and I’ll be waving goodbye to Massachusetts as I drive past the state border on the turnpike, I-90, headed West.

The Boston area has been my home for 5.5 years now.  Looking back on those years overloads my memory.  I’ve met so many good people, experienced so many great things, and experienced so many bad things.  I can’t even imagine what my life would have been like if I had not moved out to Boston after completing my BS degree and taking the job with MIT Lincoln Laboratory.

It’s going to be hard to fall asleep each night this week.  I’ll be so anxious and nervous at the same time.  New beginnings always fill me with this electrifying energy that makes me feel alive, so alive.

Every lunch and dinner this week is booked with goodbyes to friends and old co-workers.  Tonight I’m saying goodbye to an old roommate of mine who is also from Michigan.  He just moved out here for a job.  We’re going to The Burren in Davis Sq., which is about 8 minutes by foot from my apartment.

I will miss this area, but mostly I will miss the people I have met, and the few people who have turned into great friends over the years.

Somerville