Innsbruck, Austria

Innsbruck Travel Blog

On the slopes

Myself, my now Wife (Karly) and a couple of my colleagues.  Rented a car in Nurnberg, Germany and floored it to Innsbruck, Austria via the Autobahn; to take in the sites, do a bit of skiing and of course blow the froth off a few cold ones....Mission accomplished!

I recommend Innsbruck in January.  The skiing was perfect.  The snow was fresh, the trails were not overcrowded and the sun was shining.  A bit cold in the morning, but nothing a couple cups a gluehwein  would not cure!

The pubs in Innsbruck were nice and low-key.  I am not a club type guy but there are a couple for those who like to "Shake it Like a Polaroid picture!"....but, mostly mellow pubs with a nice variety of beer, pool tables and good conversation.

One thing I would recommend though is to bring a fist full of Tylenol just in case.  Karly woke up with a very intense headache one morning (not alcohol induced....I don't think?) and we had nothing to ease the pressure.  After driving and driving around town and visiting every convenient and grocery store I realized that there was no medicine to be found.  Apparently as most of you already know and now I do, you can only get it at a hospital or from a doctor directly?!  So, a word to the wise and bring never know, you could take a fall on the slopes...or at a pub and need a little relief.

All in all, I would highly recommend the trip.  Another great memory that reiterates the fact; I love Europe.

photo by: Hummingbird