Peak season?

Ao Nang Travel Blog

Postcard to Kim and Laila
I was thinking, if I just come to relax, Krabi isn't my place. There are many beautiful more than this island and cheaper than this with the nice view and I can smell the smell of the sea  better than here. But if I come to dive as same as last time that I went with my friends, Krabi is good. I don't know what to do now here. We walked to Ao nang, there are many shops, many restaurants but I don't know what to buy and even have no idea what to eat!

And everything is so expensive this time. Or it's normal? I don't remember - and I don't know because last time I didn't pay anything. My boss paid everything for all of us. It's a company trip. Now when I have to pay on my own, oh. But it's expensive. I had the same dish as I had in bangkok in the general restaurant - in bangkok it's about 50THB per dish but here is 120THB and some dishes are more.
Massage Center at Ao Nang Beach
But we had to eat .. it's a peak season hah?

I've been there alone with Ale - we had no activities to do. Just walked around then back to the hotel. Had dinner, had lunch then back. I can say that I like it when I don't have to do anything because i'm not the one that want to do anything when i'm on a holiday especially a holiday on the beach. But here was too relax. Too much. Too much to be bored.

Ale went to the diving center to book for the diving course. I was thinking should I go with him? I'd like to but then I didn't do it. We don't have anything to do really. Ale went to dive on the next day, I was at the hotel alone. Just went out and walked around again. Asking myself again and again, why here? When Ale back, he told me that the sea was nice. But the rest, so so .
Breakfast at Ao Nang Buri

Ao nang that day had not many people. There are many massage beds around the beach with no customers. It's a crisis of tourism of thailand. Some people blamed the mob - yes could be. But there are many other reasons apart from that.

I read my entries of the last 4 years trip. I asked myself why I don't feel happy like that time. Krabi is like a stranger for me now. I wasn't sure if I like it. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back again. Maybe I was there in the wrong time. Maybe I traveled in the wrong season. And 4 days this time, I didn't even tought the sea. What's wrong with me?

newtampo says:
@Ditto74 so welcome to bangkok. Hope you enjoy it here too!
Posted on: Jun 01, 2014
Ditto74 says:
stay in Bangkok in the future, think that is the best for you.
Posted on: May 28, 2014
newtampo says:
The second time wasn't that great as I expected .. but after had a look on these pix again, maybe it's not that bad :) Thanks Kim!
Posted on: Feb 04, 2009
Travel agent at Krabi
Travel agent at Krabi
R and A travel and Tour
R and A travel and Tour
Its written about how to use the …
It's written about how to use the…
Lemon Ice Tea