Hong Kong: Dimsum On My Mind

Hong Kong Travel Blog

We first landed in Macau but decided to go straight to HK. The first stop for me and my friends is Jollibee!!!! Jollibee is the Filipino counterpart of McDonald. It is only in the Philippines where McDonalds in NOT the number one food chain. I guess I need to write a separate review on this.

Anyway, for a Filipino, the sight of Jollibee brings so much nostalgia. For Pinoys who work in Singapore where there is no Jollibee, we all went crazy over eating in Jolibee. Yes, in HK! Again, I will write a separate review on Jollibee. =)

After our breakfast, we started searching for our hostel, at first we were lost in the concrete jungle of HK. Good thing, there were lot's of our compatriots working there who were willing to point us the correct way.

There, we found our hostel in Causeway. We Freshen up and went to Kowloon Side to watch the Symphony Of Lights. It is where all the buildings in HK side displays colorful dancing lights in orchestrated manner. The show was fabulous.

The following day was spent in Ocean Park and ended the day viewing HK from The Peak in Victoria. The sight is incredible! The following day, we went first to Big Buddha in Lantau Island, then made our way to HK Disneyland. Disney is for kids of all ages. I love my Disney experience in HK despite of the hot weather. It was like 38 C when we went there. I was sweating all over.

The next day, we had our last breakfast in Jollibee HK and went to ferry terminal to Macau.

By the way, HK left me a lasting remembrace. My leg got stuck in the gap in MTR in Admiralty Station there. I still have my scar on my right leg because of that. =)

As for the dimsum.... I never had it. We ate Vietnamese, American, Chinese and Japanese food there but never the Dimsum that had on my mind before we went there. Maybe next time, I will feast on dimsum....

planisphere says:
mas gusto ko nga ang HK over singapore eh. hehehe gusto ko rin bumalik dun eh.
Posted on: Jul 09, 2007
I should have paid attention to th…
I should have paid attention to t…
64 km (40 miles) traveled