Third Day in Bar Harbor

Bar Harbor Travel Blog

On Jordan Pond

Even though it was Sunday Bar Harbor was still pretty active. We went to the Cottage Street deli (we think that was the place, it was by the post office). I had a blueberry muffin, which was really good. Andy had blueberry pancakes. After breakfast I had a facial. It was good. The lady really seemed to know what she was doing.

The fog was so heavy today that the whale watch tours didn’t even go out, at least not the big boat. It was pretty white out there. After I was done at the spa, we took a bus to the Jordan Pond House, the only restaurant in Acadia National Park. The big thing there is to have tea and popovers.

The Bar of the Harbor
Popover are like roll, only sweeter (and eggy) and they don’t really have a middle, it’s like all crust. I’d never heard of them before. Served with strawberry and blueberry jam. The jam was wonderful. Had the lobster roll there too.

We walked around Jordan Pond a ways after lunch. It was beautiful scenery. The water was crystal clear. The trail was easy and a nice stroll. When we left we took the bus back to town.

Bar Harbor is kinda cool in that there is an island right off the mainland that you can walk or drive to, but only at low tide. So you have about a 4 or 5 hour time frame to explore that island. Rumor has it that the Harbor Master won’t come and get you if you get stuck over there. I hope that is just a rumor. (We have pictures of this by the way). We walked across the sandbar to the island, and climbed to it’s top. It was a pretty picture of the bay and town.

When we left we picked up the car and went to the Down East Lobster Pound. It was a dive for sure. DON”T USE THE BATHROOM. It’s  one of those places where you pick out the lobster you want. Poor little guys. I couldn’t do that, so I had the lobster roll again. It was ok. On the way back to town we went to a putt putt place and had a pretty good time. We also stopped for ice cream and it was yummy!

Bar Island View