Second Day in Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Everyone but me at Luxor.

We girls went to the Vegas version of “The Price is Right” it was a great time. I would suggest it to anyone. Kim won a “door prize” of 1000 comp points. We also went to Zumanity that night. Andy and I had gone to that show before and it was so much better a couple of years ago. They changed it too much. We ate at Nobu at the Hard Rock that night. Hard Rock is very small and I would not suggest it. The Casino is very small. Nobu was not all it was cracked up to be. There is nothing there for non-sushi people like me. I had a mushroom soup and Tempora. It was alright. Everyone else said the sushi was fine, but it was better at the sushi place in Caesars. Also, it was more expensive for less food. The atmosphere there was terrible. LOUD! Couldn’t hear people across the table from you. Music was up too loud. Waitress was helpful, but didn’t believe us when we told her that we didn’t get one of the dishes that we ordered.

Kids, Beer, and the lazy river.
She did take it off the check though. Ate at the Paris buffet in the morning, great as usual.

Also went to the old Aladdin which is now the Planet Hollywood. They did a good job there, changing the casino. The tables there were great. Thanks to Gene, everyone but Dan did well at their blackjack tables. We had a much better go of it there.

Went to Tiffany’s so that I could get my jewelry cleaned. They took forever. Also, I was trying to buy something and it took forever to get someone to help me. They almost lost a commission because they didn’t seem to want to help young. Bad Tiffany’s!! I walked out with a bag, the other older people didn’t.

At the MGM we went to the pool a lot. There are actually several pools and a lazy river. Bad news is that they make you pay $16 to rent a raft. Crap! The good news is the pool was pretty nice. The only thing that I didn’t like about it was the stupid drunk kids running around. Sunday was much quieter. I worked out in the Fitness Center in the morning and stayed for almost two hours. It was great! Treadmills with personal tvs, all kinds of equipment, weights, water and towels. I was able to do all sorts of exercises. It was a great fitness center.

A View from the Pool.