Second Day in Key West

Key West Travel Blog

The Best Beach in Key West

Today we decided to go to the beach. There are very few public beaches and this one was actually a part of the state park. It was really nice. At first going in was rocky, you have to be very careful, but about 10 feet in it was sandy. Kids were out snorkeling and according to them they saw lots of fish (the water was very clear and we were about to see some just looking down), and stingrays. We were able to rent lounges at the beach, and you could also rent umbrellas. We just moved our chairs into the shade. I of course got a weird sunburn on the inside of my leg, just one spot the size of a baseball. I don’t know how I am so good at doing that! NO burnt buns though this trip! Sorry Dan. By the way, the park is a hike, so if I did it again, I’d drive or rent a bike or scooter.

We ate lunch at the Blue Heaven. It was okay.

Fine Outdoor Eats
I had a shrimp and cheese sandwich of some sort, and Andy the grilled cheese. He had to mess it up by getting avocado and bean sprouts on it. Gross. The one interesting thing about this place is the fact that there are chickens everywhere. We sat in the chicken coop section I think. Chickens are protected here. You kill a chicken, you get fined $500. They love their chickens.

We went to the Mel Fisher Museum and the air was broken and the place wasn’t worth the price of admission. It was different, but not excited at all.  We also went to the winery. I bought a case of wine. It was really good! Drank a bottle already too.

For dinner we went to New York Pasta Garden. I went for the pizza, but when we got there, they didn’t give us a menu with pizza on it. I had the spaghetti and it was great. We had these garlic bread puff things before dinner (the name of which I don’t know-I’m sure there is one, but I don’t pay attention). We had ice cream for dessert, at an ice cream place, it was okay. Andy also had Key Lime Pie again at the Blonde Giraffe. He said it tasted like a mix, so he wasn’t impressed.

Chickens with Lunch.