Off to Jamaica

Negril Travel Blog

Nice Beach

The Miami Airport is not too people friendly. They really don’t have a good selection of food, once you get to the gates. Just a couple of things, none of which can you get a good sandwich.

The flight was good, bigger plane. No problems. It was American again. We went to Jamaica under Apple Tours, which usually is chartered, but it was alright.

They have changed the Montego Bay Airport. It is much nicer now. Also, when you get there, we found an Apple person and they sent us to the Couples waiting room. (We are staying at Couples Swept Away). It was nice, they offered you a beverage and let you use the restroom and whatnot before the trip to the hotel.

Ocean View from Room

The bus ride was much better than the one we did to Ocho Rios 5 years ago. Shorter, more to see, mostly poverty though, better road, and a tour guide that told you stuff about the places you were driving by. It was also air conditioned on the bus. Thank Goodness.

Check-in was easy, and we grabbed a bite and went to the orientation. Orientation was very good, and I would recommend it for those who are new to the property. They showed us around and got us oriented.

We ate at Patois that night and it rocked. Very good food. Shrimp quesadilla, steak salad, and mushroom rosotto I had was delicious. Also good was the ice cream. Good ice cream here.

Room was not what I had expected. It is small, and looks somewhat dirty, and the bathroom is not what I am used to for this type of resort. The resort itself is nice, which a fab beach, but I like a nice room to go with the amount of money we paid to be here.

Pool View from Room