Head to Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah

Kanab Travel Blog

Just inside Zion National Park.

Went back to the Paris for breakfast and it was great, again. After we ate we went back to the MGM and got our bags. Easy check-out, in fact it was so fast we didn’t get to say a proper goodbye to the couples we were with. A taxi took us right to the rental car pick-up at the airport.

Got our car, an Impala, pretty easy too, although the car was crap. The drive to Kanab, Utah, from Vegas is pretty easy and seemed faster than the 4 hours it was. However, a caution, the best way to get there is through the Zion National Park.

The Baton.
It was a $25 fee. We did get the “carry the baton” through the big tunnel through the mountain though. The ranger on one end asked us to take it to the ranger on the other end. It was a system to limit the number of people in the tunnel at one time. We like to think that we did our park to save the tunnel. HEHE.

Kanab is alright, small, but a total resort town. We stayed at the BobBon Inn. When we got here we got less than a friendly reception by who I assume is Bob. Other people have told me that Bon isn’t any better. The room was TINY, air worked well though, and it was pretty clean. However, I would not stay here again. Not very comfortable, and as I said the service was not friendly. The entire image on the internet add made it seem like a different place. That’s just my opinion though, others may really like the place. Ate at a place called “The Rocking V Café”, it was very good. A little pricey, but well worth the price. They have a great vegetarian menu, which I ordered off of. Also great desserts.

The Baton.
Checker Board Rock Formation.
Checker Board Rock Formation.
Kanab