Get to Hilton Head

Hilton Head Island Travel Blog

Casey and the Crypt Keeper.

Today was a travel day, and it didn’t start off well. We had to get up early, which we did, only to find out that our flight was cancelled (thanks Orbitz for the phone call). Boo US Air. Thankfully, they got us another flight. However, when we got to the airport we had to wait in a huge line. (Another Boo or USAir). Finally we were almost to the counter (they had two people working for over 100 people in line), when someone came up and moved the people in line that were on our flight. We barely made that flight. By the way, I hate people who think that they should be able to get on the plane before their area is called. Anyway, another flight to Philly, and a three hour wait there. The plane to Charleston was nice, one of those all first class types (minus the meal).

We stayed in Charleston and ate at a place that I think was Southern D Brewery.

Main Street Inn
It was gross. Then we walked around a bit, it is a very quaint town. We later went on a ghost walk. It was fun. I’d do another one. The tour guide was very knowledgeable, but it took forever for him to get to the point. That was my only complaint.

The drive to Hilton Head is only about 2 hours. It looks like you’re going no where, but we got here okay. Our hotel, Main Street Inn, is great. I love it. However, the bed is not as nice as I’d like. We all know I can sleep anywhere so it’s not like I am not getting enough sleep, but the beds at the Boston Hampton Inn were fantastic. Great bedding, just the right amount of softness. That is the only complaint of this hotel.

Main Street Inn Garden View