Forth Day in Bar Harbor

Bar Harbor Travel Blog

A view above Bubble Pond

Today was Andy’s birthday. We actually had a really good day. In the morning we went to Jeannie’s for breakfast. Andy had the oatmeal French toast. They make their own bread for it. He said it was awesome. I had the pancakes, and they were normal. After breakfast I went to the spa and had a massage. It was okay, but not the best I have ever had. The spa was at another hotel owned by the same company, but it wasn’t as nice to hang out in as others I have been to. After my massage we went to the Little Brown Bag and got sandwiches so that we could have a picnic at Acadia National Park. The sandwiches were nothing special. We took the bus to the base of Cadillac Mountain and ate there at the edge of Bubble Pond. It was a beautiful spot.

After lunch we decides to take the “strenuous” west side path up the mountain, which was only at 1500 feet.

The West path up Cadillac Mountain
Not bad right? WRONG. While we were eating Andy said I think that we go up this side (cliffs). I said no, I don’t think that a hiking trail would be on that side. The joke was on me. We scaled the side of that mountain and picked our way over boulders and around rocks, we stopped a couple of time to take pictures which should be on the picture sight. We both were about to die once we got to the top.

At the summit we walked around and whatnot. There is a ranger station there. We took a couple of pictures there to. There are a couple of pictures with a cruise boat surrounded fog. It was pretty cool, and the pictures show it as it looked to us. It looked like it was floating in a cloud. Very cool.

We went down the mountain a different way because I thought I would be easier, wrong again.

Ship in the Clouds
It was steep and rocky and a lot longer than if we had just went down the way we came up, which really wouldn’t have any worse than the path we chose. I know Andy took some video of me. I look like a dork, but as I am accident prone I knew I needed to keep my eyes on what I was doing. We were the only ones and the trail going back down, which was weird. We finally made it though.

We went back to town took a shower and went to Testa’s for dinner. Great crab bisque. Lobster roll was okay. We actually went to a place called Maggie’s first. After waiting for service for 30 minutes we paid for our drinks and took off. We were very sore so we hit the hay early.

Dogtown says:
Thanks for the tip, we look forward to going back and try the other routes.
Posted on: Aug 06, 2007
vances says:
If you ever get back, try ascending Cadillac via Dorr Mountain - a much more scenic (and not as tough) route. But cheers to anyone who hikes up...too many just drive!
Posted on: Aug 04, 2007
Ship in the Clouds
A view over Bar Harbor from Cadill…
A view over Bar Harbor from Cadil…
Coming down the Gorge Path from C…
Bar Harbor Hotels & Accommodations review
The Bar Harbor Grand is located just a block or so a ways from Bar Harbor Green (Town Square.) From what we understand this hotel is a more recent rec… read entire review
Bar Harbor Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
We went to Jeannie’s for breakfast. This is the best breakfast in Bar Harbor. We ordered the Oatmeal Bread French Toast and Pancakes. The pancakes w… read entire review
Bar Harbor Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
We read many good reviews about Maggie’s so we saved it for my birthday and our last day in Bar Harbor. We called to make reservations to make sure … read entire review
Bar Harbor