CUBS Cardinals Game

Chicago Travel Blog

Rained Out

The 19th we had SIU Day at Wrigley Field for the Cubs v. Cards game. Before the game my friend Chris came to pick me up and we toured the area a little bit. Had cinnamon rolls at some Swedish place and they were the best I’d ever had! Then we shopped and went by her new place and stopped at a bakery in Lincoln Park. Cindy B’s or Mindy B’s, something B’s. I had a red velvet cupcake, it was great. Also took with me a rocky road brownie. Once I ate it I realized I ate a piece of heaven. It was devine!

Met up with Andy and his friend Mike (old frat buddy and Chicago PD) for the game. His partner, Amy, met up with us.

Going to Grissom's Office
They are both bike cops this summer. She was really cool and I enjoyed her company a lot. Apparently, the are filming two big movies in Chicago, Batman and Wanted (with Angelina Jolie). Batman was being filmed on our downtown hotel’s street. (Hampton-we moved for the second night). Mike and Andy got to see some “Gotham” stuff. Back to the game- The four of us stuck it out in the rain, until we saw the Cards go home, then we figured we could too. We went bowling at “Lucky Strikes” at an AMC. Amy had a hat on and they wouldn’t let her wear it in. Then I had sweats on and they wouldn’t let me in. I know it’s a gang thing, but please! We talked them into letting me in though. We can be persuasive when we want to be. We played a couple of games there it was a nice alley. Afterward, Amy drove us back to the hotel, which we really appreciated. That hotel was really nice too.

The next day we went to the Science and Industry Museum. It was much better than the Field Museum. We also got to go into the CSI exhibit. It was fun. Dumbed down A LOT, but fun none the less. Andy really liked the robots! BORING! We ate and shopped a little and people watched then went to the train station to come back to Carbondale. The train was late, so we didn’t get back into town until 3 am on Tuesday. Tuesday Andy actually went to work. I slept and did laundry, which I still have a ton of. And that was the end of the trip. We’re back home with the dogs and my brother fattened them up for us. Keep posted, we may take another trip sometime! Thanks for reading!

Going to Grissoms Office