Polluted and Dirty

Pasto Travel Blog

Pasto would have to be the most dirtiest and by the far the most polluted of places we have ever been. It was only for a stopover before we travelled overland to Ecuador, but not too sure if it was worthy of that!

We stayed at the Koala Inn, a nice 3 storey building in central Pasto. We checked in and then headed out into the exhaust filled air. I swear my nose hairs had been burnt off because my entire nose stung. We quickly found something to eat and Nathan finally found a store with some machete sleeves, so he was stroked to finally buy one. The old man in the wee store knew some English so it was rather amusing to try and communicate with him, as he was also trying to sell us the machete! I can imagine New Zealand´s customs with that one, it was hard enough getting some mock show knives back from Australia a few years ago.

Nothing that exciting to report about Pasto, only that there were some nice clothing and show stores which we had a bit of a wander around and plenty of places to eat also. We also visited a church a stone´s throw away from Koala Inn which was very nice. One of the nicest we have seen so far.

Off to Ecuador tomorrow, hoping we don´t need a visa to get through. We had heard rumours that Kiwis have problems getting through but keep finding conflicting information on the internet. We will report back!

photo by: AndySD