Funky Town

Villa Carlos Paz Travel Blog

We arrived in Cordoba and decided to head on to see the Jesuit mission about an hour away. It was worth seeing, although the heat made it worse and unfortunely only some of the explanations were in English. The building itself was quite interesting and some of the history was interesting, I always find it amusing when religious people have black slaves... I still do not understand it all.

We then returned to Cordoba and caught a bus to Villa Carlos Paz, another small town an hour away. The guidebooks said it had several amusement parks, shows and hotels designed like those in Las Vegas. We did see one hotel like a pyramid, but nothing else. We were told the amusement parks are more for children so we didn´t bother with them in the end.

The town itself is quite funky and would be worth staying a bit longer to have a decent look around. The place has a very busy feel, and there are tons of shows which I am sure are like those in Vegas. Lots of small shopping malls aswell. It has a man made lake in the middle of it, although at the time we visited the river was pretty pathetic looking.

We walked past another small amusement park on the way to grab some dinner and had a go on the bumper cars, but apart from that the onyl real excitement me had was getting Nathans portrait drawn, first realistically (if you can say that) and second in cartoon. It came out pretty funny and we also attempted to have a very long conversation with a guy from Mendoza.

I realise now we didn´t take any photos at Villa Carlos Paz... I guess a good excuse to return one day then!

Villa Carlos Paz