Day Five

Villa Tunari Travel Blog

Fallon - Day 5

Raffi gave me a play bite today right on the neck, the little vampire. I thought it must have broken the skin but ti hadn´t, hurt like hell actually.  My ankles have been playing up a bit lately, I think it´s because of the humidity and the rubbing from my gumboots so I have swapped them for oversized ones. Look out for the clown!!

Today in quarantine went really well actually - and trust it to since I was just telling Tina (Aussie girl, not the monkey) and the rest of the house about the whole weird situation and she was going to have a quiet word to Yanette who looks after the volunteer placings.

I forgot to mention we got 2 new babies yesterday - Floriana who has been in the clinic as she has been unwell, and Natalia who is new to quarantine altogether.

Nathan and Wendy from Monkey Park.
Floriana is 7 months old and the smallest in the baby cage but this hasn´t stopped her becoming the bully! It looks so funny because she is so small, fluffy and fat and she is so possessive. As soon as you go into the cage she jumps on you and scares any other baby away so she can have you all to herself. She is a real player though and tried to playbite you ALOT. She actually hurts too. She is so gorgeous though, and has a really cute distrinctive face.

I sneaked up and saw Baloo the bear today and also one of the very tame Puma´s. It was pretty exciting since I don´t get to see many other animals apart from the turtles and coaties from the small animals section. The bear was so cool, he is still a baby but so not what I would expect a bear to look like - he has these really big paws and huge head on a small body. So bizarre but so cool.

We also lost one of our caged monkeys today to monkey park.

Nathan - Day 5