Bye Bye Inti Wara Yassi!

Villa Tunari Travel Blog

We are leaving today and it is surreal. I know we have only been here for 2 weeks but it feels longer, but at the same time also feels like the time has just flown.

We got up and went down to the cafe at about 9am to have some breakfast before having our last (or for me, my first) look around the park, and to meet up with Erez who was coming with us.

Finn took us up to a spot where Maggie (puma) was due to pass in about 30mins. We waited about an hour and a half and nothing. Although, it was terrible rain and thunder and lightning - the worst day for weather since we have been here.

We went back and went to monkey park and then to spider park, visited the aviary, night monkeys and then to quarantine and the clinic to say goodbye. It was too wet for Nathan to go and see the Albafrons as the river had risen and it would mean a bit more walking and by this time we were all pretty tired.

So, back down to the cafe for some lunch, and we met up with Meagan who looks after Maggie so had her on about it. Luckily though we got to go up with her to see Maggie. She is such a beautiful cat, so gorgeous.

Once we had finished out walk, we went back to pack up to leave for Cochbamba. The cleaning lady was there with her 2 children and we gave her some of our clothes we had used for volunteering and she seemed over the moon about it (even though they were very dirty)! She gave us a big kiss and hug before we left - of course, all this makes it even harder to leave!

Did the usual, painted our mark on the Inti Wara Yassi walls and set off for the bus station. Got into Cochabamba at about 9pm and had some dinner before hitting the sack!

Cant believe we are travelling again!

Inside Nathans coat
Nenita
Nenita
Chispeta
Chispeta
Nathan was bored - its a very tiny…
Nathan was bored - its a very tin…
Nathan and Wendy