A Bit of Normality

Quito Travel Blog

View from the bathroom
Woke up this morning feeling pretty crap. This cold, combined with the altitude has made me pretty tired and a little miserable - something you shouldn´t be on holiday! Nevermind, Nathan pretty much dragged me out of bed as he was excited to go shopping for an MP3 player.

We had some breakfast, grabbed a taxi to a large 3 storey shopping complex and the hunt was on! We ended up finding one which was a pretty good price. We were thinking we wouldn´t because electronics here seem more expensive than at home. I also grabbed ´The Green Mile´ by Steven King (English books!!), and a new backpack since our one was breaking.

Quito is such a modern city - has all those fantastic comforts from home! The food court was pretty much one floor with fancy restaurants to the likes of Maccas, KFC, and Burger King.
View from the bathroom 2. Imagine having a shower and seeing this. Bliss!
We had KFC, which was terrible and nothing like home unfortunely. Shouldn´t be eating it anyway I guess!!

We got another taxi to Cinemark and were delighted to find out most movies are in English with Spanish subtitles (bad luck for them really... wouldn´t that suck)! For $3USD each we sitting with only 3 other people watching ´Invisable´ (great movie). The movie did stop twice, of which the first time we are pretty sure some of the film was burnt because that´s what it looked like on screen and they skipped it forward a few minutes from where it has stopped. Hilarious. Cinemark was very new, much like Readings Cinemas back home, very new and modern. The bathrooms - my god. I haven´t seen something so gorgeous since we have been here (and they even supply toilet paper)!!!
View from the bathroom
View from the bathroom 2. Imagine …
View from the bathroom 2. Imagine…
Quito