TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 694,491 travelers just like you!

tombom07
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Tom
Hometown: Huddersfield, England, UK
Location: Huddersfield, England, UK
Website: www.instagram.com/tombom07
Join Date: June 21, 2011
Contributions: tombom07 has written about 139 places, shared 5,144 photos, left 861 comments, and smiled 2,478 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
London, England, UK
Dec 30, 2017 – Jan 1, 2018
Cancun, Mexico
Jan 1, 2018 – Jan 5, 2018
I'm currently planning a four-month trip around Central America to start January 1st in Mexico and end in Costa Rica around the end of April. I may visit California or New York briefly on the way home. Travel buddies, advice and suggestions welcome!
Mexico
Jan 1, 2018 – Feb 28, 2018
» see all 38 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, currently trying to self-teach Spanish!
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are so many so just name a few good ones!
[Paris, France] Standing in front of the Moulin Rouge, my first 'tourist attraction' on the first night of my big RTW trip.
[Poland] Being on the wrong train on my way to Krakow from Dresden & getting off in the middle of nowhere. There was nothing but knee-deep snow & people who spoke not a word of English but who were so helpful.
[Budapest, Hungary] I was almost overcome with emotion on my first night after climbing the hill to look down over the city & River Danube. What a magical city!
[Croatia] Seeing the Plitvice Lakes covered in snow. There was barely another soul in sight that day. Eerie & beautiful.
[Siena, Italy] Sitting on the floor in Piazza del Campo & eating Italian pastries under shelter as it rained.
[Ayutthaya, Thailand] My first great temple in Asia - Wat Chaiwatthanaram at sunset.
[Chiang Mai, Thailand] Riding an elephant is a very bizarre experience!
[Laos] I have fond memories of the friends I made on the slow boat from Thailand to Luang Prabang, & the fun 10 days together that followed.
[Siem Reap, Cambodia] My three day temple tour. Cambodia itself was pretty special as the people were so warm.
[Sapa, Vietnam] Two days' trekking in the hills. What a stunning place!
[Koh Tao, Thailand] Learning to scuba dive was an unforgettable highlight of the entire trip.
[Australia] WWOOFing in Victoria & Tasmania; The vineyard, painting & decorating, sheep shearing, flower picking, veggie gardens, market stalls & lots of fond memories.
[Hobart, Tasmania] Climbing Mount Wellington on a hot day! The views at the top were rewarding enough!
[Copenhagen, Denmark] Spending six days in Copenhagen for my 26th birthday with three of my favourite people. What a great city!
Profile
Follow me on Insta if you like =) tombom07

Honest, laid-back, loyal, friendly, approachable, open-minded, adventurous, fun...but you can decide for yourself =)

'Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit what a ride!’” - Hunter S. Thompson
planxty says:
Thanks so much, you really should try to get to SL some day, it is a great place.
Posted on: Dec 14, 2017
planxty says:
Hello mate,

I saw your response on the travel forum (Friend bailed on travelling) and saw you were in UK so I thought I'd drop by and say hello.

I see you are doing London for NYE, good luck with that. I am heading to Sri Lanka before Xmas so won't be there but maybe some other time. Also, it is too long since I was "Oop North" so maybe hook up with you there at some point.
Posted on: Dec 13, 2017
pilgrim68 says:
Thanks for the smiles Tom. That was a great trip!
Posted on: Nov 25, 2017

tombom07's Travel Blogs

Aug 10, 2016 – Aug 17, 2016
An eight day adventure for my 28th birthday. I returned to Croatia and based myself in Dubrovnik. Part of this was wanting to s…
Overview 14,260 words 214 22 283
This blog was featured on Tuesday September 20th, 2016
Jan 01, 2013 – Sep 30, 2015
I'd like to give an honest interpretation of my first ever (half way) RTW trip & first ever solo trip whilst remaining informat…
Overview 355,123 words 4,533 538 2,798
This blog was featured on Saturday January 19th, 2013
Spain 20.14.
Oct 01, 2014 – Oct 11, 2014
Island photographs from a family holiday to Ibiza for my mum's 50th, followed by a solo city break to Barcelona (first time vis…
Overview 0 words 285 17 188

tombom07's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Reykjavik, Iceland
My friend & I booked a stay of four nights at 'Bus Hostel' in Reykjavik, early September 2017. W…
Average priced "Hostels" in Manchester, England, UK
I stayed at Hatters for two nights in August while attending Manchester's famous gay pride event…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Stonehaven, Scotland, UK
Friends and I booked a three-night stay at Bayview B&B during August 2017 as we were visiting St…
Updated 1 month ago