TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 664,568 travelers just like you!

tombom07
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Tom
Hometown: Huddersfield, England, UK
Location: Huddersfield, England, UK
Website: www.instagram.com/tombom07
Join Date: June 21, 2011
Contributions: tombom07 has written about 135 places, shared 5,120 photos, left 845 comments, and smiled 2,379 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, meeting other people to travel with, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
London, England, UK
Feb 25, 2017 – Feb 26, 2017
Stonehaven, Scotland, UK
Aug 17, 2017 – Aug 20, 2017
Visiting for a few days, mostly for a friend's wedding.
New York, USA
Mar 30, 2018 – Apr 16, 2018
New York with friends for our collective 'turning 30' year! We're going during Easter outside of term time as one of my friends is a teacher. It'll be anything from 5-10 days during these dates I'm guessing. It's a long way off but very exciting!
» see all 31 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
There are so many so just name a few good ones!
[Paris, France] Standing in front of the Moulin Rouge, my first 'tourist attraction' on the first night of my big RTW trip.
[Poland] Being on the wrong train on my way to Krakow from Dresden & getting off in the middle of nowhere. There was nothing but knee-deep snow & people who spoke not a word of English but who were so helpful.
[Budapest, Hungary] I was almost overcome with emotion on my first night after climbing the hill to look down over the city & River Danube. What a magical city!
[Croatia] Seeing the Plitvice Lakes covered in snow. There was barely another soul in sight that day. Eerie & beautiful.
[Siena, Italy] Sitting on the floor in Piazza del Campo & eating Italian pastries under shelter as it rained.
[Ayutthaya, Thailand] My first great temple in Asia - Wat Chaiwatthanaram at sunset.
[Chiang Mai, Thailand] Riding an elephant is a very bizarre experience!
[Laos] I have fond memories of the friends I made on the slow boat from Thailand to Luang Prabang, & the fun 10 days together that followed.
[Siem Reap, Cambodia] My three day temple tour. Cambodia itself was pretty special as the people were so warm.
[Sapa, Vietnam] Two days' trekking in the hills. What a stunning place!
[Koh Tao, Thailand] Learning to scuba dive was an unforgettable highlight of the entire trip.
[Australia] WWOOFing in Victoria & Tasmania; The vineyard, painting & decorating, sheep shearing, flower picking, veggie gardens, market stalls & lots of fond memories.
[Hobart, Tasmania] Climbing Mount Wellington on a hot day! The views at the top were rewarding enough!
[Copenhagen, Denmark] Spending six days in Copenhagen for my 26th birthday with three of my favourite people. What a great city!
Profile
Follow me on Insta if you like =) tombom07

Honest, laid-back, loyal, friendly, approachable, open-minded, adventurous, fun...but you can decide for yourself =)

'Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit what a ride!’” - Hunter S. Thompson
traveldoc1984 says:
Enjoy London, Tom. Perhaps will be seeing each other there sometime later this year! ;-)
Posted on: Feb 22, 2017
pepe88 says:
Ciao come stai :) ?
Posted on: Feb 09, 2017
mountaingirl says:
thanks for all the smiles :)
Posted on: Jan 16, 2017

tombom07's Travel Blogs

Aug 10, 2016 – Aug 17, 2016
An eight day adventure for my 28th birthday. I returned to Croatia and based myself in Dubrovnik. Part of this was wanting to s…
Overview 14,260 words 214 20 279
This blog was featured on Tuesday September 20th, 2016
Jan 01, 2013 – Sep 30, 2015
I'd like to give an honest interpretation of my first ever (half way) RTW trip & first ever solo trip whilst remaining informat…
Overview 355,123 words 4,533 537 2,793
This blog was featured on Saturday January 19th, 2013
Spain 20.14.
Oct 01, 2014 – Oct 11, 2014
Island photographs from a family holiday to Ibiza for my mum's 50th, followed by a solo city break to Barcelona (first time vis…
Overview 0 words 285 17 188

tombom07's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Hostels" in Nuremberg, Germany
I booked six nights in a 4-bed-dorm at Five Reasons Hostel for a winter trip to Nuremberg. It co…
This review was featured on Monday January 9th, 2017
Cheap "Hostels" in London, England, UK
My friends and I recently made a weekend visit to London. YHA London Central does what it sa…
Average priced "Hostels" in Dubrovnik, Croatia
By 'typical,' I do not mean this to be in any way derogatory to the hostel. It does what it says…
Updated 1 month ago