TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 686,502 travelers just like you!

the_bill
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I

Name: Bill
Join Date: February 15, 2006
Contributions: the_bill has written about 99 places, shared 6,475 photos, left 7,288 comments, and smiled 19,131 times.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, some German. I try to learn at least a few words (hello, thank you, etc) of whatever language of the country I'm traveling to. Or at least make the effort.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
- Europe 1995
- Europe 2000
- Hiking in the Highlands of Scotland 2006
- Kansas City Meetup 2008
- New Year's Eve 2008/9
- Baltic Meetups 2012 (Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius)
- Bicycling around Amsterdam in 2012 with fellow stranded passengers.
- US Road Trip - Summer 2014
Profile
I started traveling internationally in 1995. I started with Europe and my goal quickly became to visit every country in Europe. I've made it to about 25 of the European countries and 1 Asian country. Any suggestions on where to go next ?

*****

Favorite Quotes

"Once a year go someplace you've never been before." - Dalai Lama

“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” - Lao Tzu

“Travel teaches toleration.” - Benjamin Disraeli

“Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." ~ Babatunde Olatunji

Occam's Razor is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one which makes the fewest assumptions should be selected.
nolan says:
cotton_foam says:
Happy birthday, Bill!!

the_bill's Travel Blogs

Jun 16, 2012 – Jun 30, 2012
The Big Baltic Meetup Trip in June 2012. If you weren't there, you missed out on a great trip and great TB's!
Overview 1,922 words 1,452 49 352
This blog was featured on Thursday July 26th, 2012
Go Big Red
May 27, 2012 – May 28, 2012
A short getaway to Nebraska to visit family and a few stops along memory lane.
Overview 551 words 227 4 143
May 31, 2008 – Dec 11, 2011
Exploring my home state of Minnesota and all that it has to offer. Big, small, popular, off-the-wall and more. Land of 10,000 …
Overview 7,699 words 2,216 325 604
This blog was featured on Sunday July 13th, 2008

the_bill's Travel Reviews

Ridiculously Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Its not cheap, but its definitely the best steakhouse in Minnesota. Our group was here during a …
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
"hotel midtown" is a very nice hotel with a very friendly staff in a great location. Only a few …
Free! "Sights & Attractions" in Darwin, Minnesota, USA
If you're driving through central Minnesota near Darwin, you might as well stop to see the "Worl…
This review was featured on Thursday July 22nd, 2010