the September Sunsets

Grand-Barachois , Canada
the September Sunsets - The creation of a sunset.....fills the mind with reverence.
the September Sunsets - Color, saturating like a blanket.
the September Sunsets - Color, saturating like a blanket.

the September Sunsets Grand-Barachois Reviews

rsvpme rsvpme
the September Sunsets on the Northumberland Strait Sep 21, 2013
Over the past months, a number of TravBuddy members have commented on my sunset photos. The intensity of the explosion and vibrancy of the colors, hits visual chords. I have been very honored by the words that have been used; inspired by many.

The majority of the photographs were taken overlooking the wetlands marsh, by my home in Grand-Barachois, New Brunswick. In September the atmospheric conditions seem to be at their most illustrative time and we have some glorious sunsets.

Grand-Barachois is located 30 minutes from Moncton, New Brunswick and ten minutes from the resort town of Shediac.

It has a very small population of some 2,700 people, mostly of Acadian heritage. Barachois Parish is rich in Acadian heritage as it was established in 1789 and was part of the Beaubassin East and Tediche regions. The first church , now a museum was built around 1825.

Today, Grand-Barachois serves as a bedroom community for people like myself,. who commute back and forth to the city.The main activities of the area are fishing, agriculture,and support to the tourism industry.

Of major importance to the area is the many beaches, wharves, wetlands and marshes. Some 300 feet from my home is the " petit marsh-Barachois" which is a major attraction to bird life. It is here, I take most of my sunset photos.

Today is September 13th 2012 and glancing out my window, after supper, I saw the sky turning into an explosion of rich, vibrant colors. When this happens , one grabs the camera and runs, because nature is going to put on a light show.

For those who wonder, all these photographs were shot with a Canon SX40-HS with NO filters, and the pictures were treated to crop and straighten .

Come,,,,,travel to the Great Canadian North, travel to Grand-Barachois , New Brunswick, Canada...see for yourself ! We might be the north here, but we are treated to visual explosions that will seduce even the most jaded.
The creation of a sunset.....fills…
Color, saturating like a blanket.
These night take me to another pla…
Besandri says:
Sept 2015 is when I will be in NB...
Looking forward to seeing such beauty as you have captured in your photos :)
Posted on: Dec 20, 2014
Nana_gincin says:
Always, beautiful pictures.
Posted on: Sep 21, 2013
rsvpme says:
Thanks Hali......as you know..its a northern Thang...:)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2012

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Grand-Barachois  Map