the Louvre and other stuff

Paris, France

the Louvre and other stuff Paris Reviews

ali_m_taylor ali_m_ta…
It pays to speak French Jun 26, 2011
A quick hint to all those who do not speak French... and this includes me!

People under 25, and living in the EU can actually get into the Louvre for FREE!!

This is written on the boards at the ticket desk but only in French. I was lucky enough to be with a friend who had a basic knowledge of French and she picked this up.
owen115 owen115
Prepare at least 2 days to visit Louvre Apr 28, 2011
It's the biggest Museum I have visited. You must have enough engergy and time to visit and enjoy it. I'm surprised for its tens of painting works, which are From 4 centuries to mordern time. You may find works of all greatest artists. I only had 1 day to visit it. I found it's not enough. You will feel tired both on physical and psychologic meanings. I even feeled a little numb when I faced the hall which was full of paintings.
chrisbroadway chrisbro…
Jul 10, 2007
Even if you're not an art buff the Louvre is worth doing. Give it half a day and just do the first floor with the Italian and French masters. The massive Delacroix's and the Mona Lisa are worth the cost of admission alone.

If you're looking for good, cheap food head to the latin quarter near Notre Dame. There's heaps of restaurants and the food is generally not too touristy. Heaps of great bars as well!

The Eiffel Tower is amazing to do in the late afternoon so you get to see the sunset over the city. Make sure when you're lining up that you're in the line for the lifts, not the stairs like we did! It's normally a long wait and a bit pricey but you'd hate to leave Paris and have to say you didn't do it.
Sunset on the Eiffel Tower
Raft of the Medusa, Théodore Gér…
chrisbroadway says:
It's not that I don't recommend it, it's just bloody hard going! You'll get a great feeling of satisfaction once you get up there though. I stand to be corrected but i think it's about 15 stories up to the first level where you can then catch the lift up to the top. Yes, it is cxheaper to take the stairs and the queue is typically much shorter than the lifts.
Posted on: Apr 08, 2008
magmay17 says:
Are there a ton of stairs? I've heard it's cheaper to do the stairs then the lifts, why don't you recommend it?
Posted on: Apr 07, 2008