TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

James

msandre…
Vouched for on April 14, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

After messaging back and forth on travbuddy, me and Andreja met on a warm and rainy evening in Ljubljana. She showed me some of the sights of her lovely city and also taught me a little bit of Ljubljana's history at the same time. Afterwards she showed me a place known for selling the most incredible cake, we were in there a while!

Why are you vouching for them?

Andreja is a kind, generous and very funny person who was more than happy to spend her evening showing a new friend around her gorgeous city. I instantly felt relaxed in her company. She even offered to show me the incredible Lake Bled the next day, she really went that extra mile to help make my trip to Ljubljana a memorable one.

Henry

Eleana
Vouched for on April 9, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Eleana and I hiked along a Dragon's Back in Asia's World City. We ate HK style French toast and even had some beach time :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Eleana is very outgoing, happy and just plain easy to get along with. She's adventurous and, truth be told, a way better hiker than me :)
You'd be lucky to spend the afternoon with this refined, fun and charming outdoorswoman. At least while she's not saving lives or airborne!
Eleanor, thank you for a great day!

Henry

Vouched for on April 9, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met up with Goong to celebrate CNY in Chinatown, Bangkok. We experienced a little Chinese food and a little Thai craziness. We ended the day overlooking the Buddhist temples across the Chao Phraya River :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Goong is a sharp-minded entrepreneur who is well on her way to tycoon status. She's great and charming to be around and the best tour guide south of Chiang Mai if I do say so myself.
Have a blast in the Americas!

Vouched for on March 31, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Merlina at Philippines meetup in April 2016. Before that we use to chat on FB messenger and in our whatsapp group. This year (2017) we met again during Cambodia meetup and explored Temples of Angkorwat and some offbeat temples like Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei in Siem Reap.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina is a nice lady with a passion of travel. I could connect with her quite fast because she is a down to earth personality and very polite. She has really travelled a lot. She is always on a lookout for new destinations and plans her vacations well ahead. She adjusts to different situations and I have not heard her complaining about anything while travelling.

I really enjoyed chatting and travelling with her and looking forward for more meetups.

Vouched for on March 31, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Merlina when we picked her up at the NAIA International Airport Terminal 3 on April 2, 2016. The airport suffered an unexpected power outage but with Merlina's resourcefulness, she was able to get word to Brian and me where to pick her up. Over the next few days Merlina and I spent time with our fellow TravBuddies traveling around Manila, Tagaytay, Cebu and Bohol for the April 2016 TravBuddy meetup that I organized.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina is my long lost jiĕjie 姐姐 (older sister). We have so much in common, from being raised Catholic, love parties, dancing and singing, not to mention wanting to travel the world on a reasonably cheap budget! She is absolutely easy to get along with, always willing to try out something new, and makes friends with strangers easily. There is never a dull moment traveling with her!

Aside from Manila, Cebu and Bohol in the Philippines, I have traveled with Merlina to Vietnam and Cambodia, and later on, a few more countries that we haven't visited yet. She took care of me when I was injured traveling during the March 2016 TravBuddy meet in Cambodia, something you'd expect siblings to do (watch out for each other). To that I am eternally grateful to Merlina, and look forward to traveling with her again soon.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/131256/

Vouched for on March 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

First I met Bhushan at the Philippine meet up 2016 in Manila n I met him again at Cambodia meet up in Seam Reap last March 2017.
But before that, we already chat thru online discuss traveling

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan is a very nice, kind, friendly guy n easy to talk to
He is very knowledgeable n knows what he wants to do.
He does research before he visits the place. Never have a dull moment with him n really enjoy travel with him.
I hope we can meet up n travel together again somewhere someday.

Vouched for on March 10, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

It was a last minute quick meetup over a lunch in Bangkok. Nolan connected us via whatsapp messages and we 6 TBs met at Baan Kanitha Restaurant.

Why are you vouching for them?

John is a great person to hang on with. I found him down to earth and very friendly to talk with. He has travelled a lot and now settling in Thailand. Hope to meet and travel with him sometime in future.

Vouched for on March 8, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Wow, so a last minute message from Nolan, while in Cambodia, told me some Travbuddys were doing a quick meetup in Bangkok. Hey, I am in Bangkok so that's great. I hopped on the MRT and headed to the meeting point. We met at a resturant and hung out for a while in Bangkok

Why are you vouching for them?

It was nice talking to Bhushan. He is a world traveler and all around kind and fun guy. I have seen his posts for a long time on Travbuddy so it was a pleasure to finally meet him.

Tharindu
Vouched for on March 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Tharindu showed me around Colombo and gave me some very good tips for my 3 months in Sri Lanka.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a very friendly, warm, charming and welcoming guy. Very relaxed. Very knowledgable about his own country. It was a lovely 2 occasions chatting about all sorts of things with him.

Zila

Philippe
Vouched for on February 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

My first time meeting friend through Travbuddy.. We went to several tourist attraction in Jakarta and had visited rooftop bar in his list.. I had great time meeting him..

Why are you vouching for them?

He's nice and cool.. Hope I can see you again in another time or place ^^