TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Henry
Vouched for on February 8, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Henry contacted me when he was coming to Bangkok. We started messaging back and forth and agreed to meet at China Town. He brought a friend and we had a great time having lunch (he said lunch I would say dinner) Later we went to a nice riverside place for drink and talk about our lives, the city, and other travel adventures. Just a shame it was only for the day. Henry is a great buddy to have as he traveled quite a bit in his life and has great advice and tips. He is also a very nice person and fun to talk to. I would strongly vouch for Henry.I'm looking forward to seeing him again in San Diego.

Why are you vouching for them?

And who should not enjoy the company of Henry? Never would you be caught in a dull moment while he is around. Henry loves to travel and discover new places. Of all TravBuddies I've met, this is one guy I won't mind traveling with. It is my pleasure to meet a great guy like Henry. He is a pretty cool dude with lot of interest in the world, a pleasant conversationalist, friendly, easy going, wonderful to talk to and spend time with. A real traveller by heart! If you have the chance, don't hesitate to meet him :)

Brian

Ryan
Vouched for on February 6, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I had the opportunity to meetup with Ryan in my local area in the vicinity of the Hampton Roads region of Virginia where I live. We agreed upon a place in the historic downtown area of Hampton at a sports bar/grill for lunch. It was a welcomed, quickly arranged meetup, but glad we had the opportunity to take advantage of hanging out for a few hours during Ryan's time in the area.

Why are you vouching for them?

I've known Ryan on the site since around 2011 when we started swapping smiles/comments and congrats for awards and features, and this built up a friendship over time as we exchanged more and more here and got to know each other better. Ryan is a real nice guy, laid-back and easy to talk to. He has some good stories of his life to share as well on his experiences. He extended a nice welcome to me and my wife to visit him and his family in Japan someday. Perhaps we'll meetup again on the other side of the world!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/112990/Ryan-bensonryan-10

Ryan

Brian
Vouched for on February 4, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Finally came out of my shell to meet up with him In Hampton VA after knowing him on TB for a few years.

Why are you vouching for them?

As his username suggests, he is a fascinating guy to talk to. Very intelligent and generous. Paid for my lunch too. Looking forward to seeing him again whenever he is in Japan.

Zera
Vouched for on January 17, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I contacted her when she was coming to Bergen

Why are you vouching for them?

Zera is a fun girl. Met up with her when she was in Bergen for a few days. She is easy to get a long with,great person to hang out with ☺

Vance
Vouched for on January 6, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

After a failed attempt to meet up in Chicago we tried our luck this time in California. We decided to go for a road trip in four states, CA, NV, AZ, and UT, that involved camping and lots of hiking and sightseeing.

Why are you vouching for them?

Vance is one of my earliest friends on TB. I enjoy his writing style, sense of humor and never ending puns. Even before I met him I knew we have very similar personality and likings from our conversations. And I was right! He is very generous, open minded and easy going that makes a trip extremely enjoyable.
After I dropped him off at Vegas airport it was a long drive back home for me. In order to take revenge I am going to post mind blowing photos of Joshua Tree National Park that I explored alone :D

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/139337/

Vance

Vouched for on January 4, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Even though Sima successfully avoided me by moving away from Chicago just before I visited in 2013, lol, we both enjoy hiking and when she mentioned a road trip including Antelope Canyon there was no way I could refuse.

Why are you vouching for them?

Sima has traveled far and wide and her experience shows. Perhaps more important, she cherishes exploring new places deeply --- meaning she is resourceful and researches targeted destinations, but is open to improvising when unexpected opportunities pop up. She is sure to get up close and personal with a new site by interacting with locals and setting out on foot to explore every nook and cranny.

Best of all, she is a fun and gracious human. It usually does not take long for folks to get on one another's nerves, but we rambled about for a week and I was remiss when it was time to return home.

Aya
Vouched for on December 28, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Aya in Paris and i did my best to show her some places.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a really nice and friendly person. She gave me gifts from Japan and we spent 2 evenings together.

Tharindu

Vouched for on December 28, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

During her visit to Sri Lanka in 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

It was a pleasure to travel with her for a few days. She is an experienced traveler, having good knowledge all around the world also always does her homework in visiting local sites. She has a good sense of humor and is very patient and kind too. We had a good time laughing on 'dutch' jokes. Would definitely like to travel with her again.

Zera

Vouched for on December 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Margunn saw that i will be in Bergen and sent me a msg for meeting up and touring me around...she is a sweetheart .

Why are you vouching for them?

Thanks for the tour and party, ah gingerbread exhibition too ,it was a short 24hours meeting up but you leave me with full of sweet memories , thank you Margunn see you in the future ya...

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/6987255

Hali

Vouched for on December 21, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Wouter in Bangkok in spring 2016 and then again at the Warsaw Poland meetup in September 2016. Look forward to seeing him again in Malaga Spain for New Years 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Wouter is a true friend in every sense of the word. He will stick by you and be there for you. We had a lot of fun together and had some good conversations! He may come across shy at first until you get to know him, but he is soooo worth getting to know! Look forward to our next meetup!