TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

A TravBuddy member

Joe
Vouched for on October 22, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Joe in Pasay on March 28, 2016, the day after he arrived in Manila for the Great Philippines TravBuddy meetup. Being the early bird among the group, we were able to chat at great length that day before I dropped him off at his bus station for his trip to Banaue. We then met again starting April 1st and traveled to Cebu and Bohol together until he flew back home to London on April 8th.

Why are you vouching for them?

And who should not enjoy the company of Sir Humphreys? Joe, being a teacher (girls' high school teacher, no less) has a great affinity for meeting people and discovery, while learning more about the culture and people he visits. He has been to Africa quite a number of times, and Asia (especially Malaysia where his mother is from) is like a second home to him. These are ingredients that make him a world traveler, and he gladly shares his experiences and insights of the various individuals he meets.

Joe and I had a lot to talk about during the week he was in the Philippines, from academics to history to touristy stuff. Never would you be caught in a dull moment while he is around - Joe's sense of humor is highbrow, and yet he can be very down to earth. Do not miss the opportunity to have a karaoke session with him - his enthusiasm for belting out rock songs is contagious!

Of all TravBuddies I've met, this is one guy I won't mind traveling with whether to the islands of SEAsia, the steppes of Mongolia, the urban haunts in Europe, or the mountains in Africa and South America. Looking forward to traveling again with Joe soon!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/131256/Early-bird-meetup-Sir-Joseph-2

kristie

Baran Y…
Vouched for on October 17, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Istanbul and he showed us around the town. We had a great time and met again when we returned.

Why are you vouching for them?

He was great to hang out with and showed us around the city. I consider him a friend and hope I get to return the hospitality someday!

Cindy
How did you meet in real life?

We met up at 1 Utama Shopping Centre in KL for lunch on 13th of Oct, 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

Having lived and worked in several countries, Cindy has an interesting life, work and travel history. She's easygoing, very friendly and easy to connect with.

How did you meet in real life?

Met Soonthiam at KL TB meetup on 14th of October, 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

Soonthiam is enthusiastic about showing KL and Malaysia to visitors. He was concerned about some of us having problems with taxi drivers so he sincerely drove us back to our accommodations after the meetup. Last but not least, he is well-travelled and fun to chat with.

Bhushan
How did you meet in real life?

I was lucky to have met Bhushan at a Tbs meet up on the 14th October, 2016 and subsequently a day trip to Melaka on the 16th October, 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

It is my pleasure to meet a great guy like Bhushan. Friendly, easy to talk to and most of all a down to earth person. He is very positive about everything. Very seldom do I meet someone as nice as him. If you have the chance to meet him, you should. I hope to see him again in the near future. Cheers! Bhushan!

How did you meet in real life?

I am lucky to have met Faye at a Tbs meet up in Kuala Lumpur on the 14th October, 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

I find her a very friendly and easy to talk to. I wish she will come to KL again soon.

Brenda

We met up in Belfast in Oct 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Tim is a lovely travel companion. He is polite, considerate and just all around good company. We packed a lot into 2 days, and it was great to have a companion while exploring the city.

Brenda
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Belfast October 2016. We explored the city and went on a day tour.

Why are you vouching for them?

Brenda was really good company. She loved visiting Ireland and learning more about the place through exploring the city and the surrounding country. It was a lot of fun to be along for the ride.

Greg
How did you meet in real life?

Met in Barcelona, March 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

Greg was a really knowledgeable and spontaneous person to visit the city with. I had a good time visiting the tapas bars and exploring the city streets.

Janice
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Las Vegas in 2012 when she showed me around the city.

Why are you vouching for them?

She was really great company and a fun person to explore a new city with.