TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Brian
Vouched for on November 21, 2016

Traveled together in NW China in Oct 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Finally met Brian and traveled with him in China! He was just like I expected, calm and kind, super easy going, and fun to be with. Very curious and adventurous, good maps reader and great photographer! He's a very experienced traveler, and so friendly, which makes him a wonderful travel buddy! Hope we get to go on another travel adventure together!

Vouched for on November 20, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Dragana first time was in Istabul NY's Eve party meet up 2013-2014 n also met again in Dunhuang ,China 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a nice woman, good traveller n really fun to travel with her.
She's really positive , open mind n a good company n I really have a good time with her.
I hope I can visit you in Croatia next time if I go to Europe again n can travel together again one day.

Justine
Vouched for on November 16, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Justine when she traveled my hometown Osaka in 2016,Oct!

Why are you vouching for them?

We met at night after she had a day tour of Osaka. I brought her for walking at night as didn't know she walked that day long. But she has good stamina!!
Justine is so friendly,easy going person. And love to enjoy chatting! We talk a lot during we explore local place in Osaka was so much fun!
She enjoy any small things,it made me so happy to show her around.
We went to take picture of airplane at river bank in rainy!! Thank you for following me,Justine! Also drinking beers together! I so happy to see you in person.

Everyone will be happy to be her travel companion!
Hoping to see you again somewhere around the world!

Vouched for on November 16, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Merlina in Istanbul, at the big New Years TB meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina is such a warm and sweet person. With her big smile, you just have to like her immediately. We spent some time in Istanbul, exploring the city, and then I was really happy that we got an opportunity to travel together through China in Oct2016.
Merlina has a fun personality, contagious laugh, very adventurous spirit, and is a great travel companion!
Looking forward to our next adventure and hoping it comes real soon! :)

Hoan

Vouched for on November 15, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I am sorrry to make this vouch late. I met Reinard and his daughter in Ha Noi for dinner. He brought some traditional sweets from his home for me, that was so nice of him. I let him try a traditional food in Ha Noi, it called 'pho cuon', he and his daughter really liked it. We ad a very great talk. Later, we walked for awhile around the old quarter, I helped him to find some souvenirs.

Why are you vouching for them?

Reinard is very kind and friendly. I hope I can visit his country soon oneday!

Justine

Vouched for on November 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Yasuyo and I met on TravBuddy and then got to meet in person when I visited Japan in October! We kept in contact on facebook and met up at the hotel I was staying at.

Why are you vouching for them?

We got to explore and get off the beaten path in Osaka. She came up with a fun, unexpected adventure, great conversation and finally we had awesome food!

Vouched for on November 10, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met him in Istanbul meet up ,Turkey.
That was my second meet up from TravBuddy

Why are you vouching for them?

Wouter is very nice, kind person n easy going person
We spend time together to walk around Blue Mosque .
He is very knowledgeable n easy to talk too. I really enjoy his company.
I can't wait to meet him again for the Hanoi n Cambodia meet up in February 2017 n travel together again.

James

Hoan
Vouched for on November 8, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Hoan at a cafe in Hanoi. I brought my family and she brought a friend and we had a great time drinking coffee and talking about our lives, the city, and other travel adventures.

Hoan is a great buddy to have as she has traveled quite a bit in her life and has great advice and tips. She is also a very nice person and fun to talk with!

I would strongly vouch for Hoan and hope to keep in touch with her in the future!

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a great person and wonderful to talk to and spend time with. She shared lots of great information with us.

Will

Vouched for on October 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

My fiance and I met Paul in the Netherlands when he showed us around his town of Den Bosch.

Why are you vouching for them?

Paul is a pretty cool dude. He is very friendly. He gave us a great tour of Den Bosch and knew a lot about his city. He was also a great translator, explaining things to us that we didn't understand. He also showed me around different parts of Netherland and parts of Holland. I am very glad I met him. I enjoyed the Netherlands much more since I had a great guide. Hopefully one day he will come to America and I can be a gracious host to him.

Greg

Tim
Vouched for on October 26, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

While in Barcelona, March 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

I went to Barcelona in March 2016 to run marathon and explore a bit this beautiful city. Before I went I checked if any TB would be around at the same time. I was lucky Barcelona was also in Tim's itinerary. He happily accepted idea of meeting in the evening for some tapas. He was also exploring city during the day so we had much to share. Like with all TB -talking about travels, places seen already or yet to be seen was so easy with Tim from the start, although we met for the first time.He is easy going, happy to stroll at night through Barcelona's streets just to find some good tapas bar. We haven't traveled together but Im sure he would be a good companion.