TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Zera

Vouched for on December 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Margunn saw that i will be in Bergen and sent me a msg for meeting up and touring me around...she is a sweetheart .

Why are you vouching for them?

Thanks for the tour and party, ah gingerbread exhibition too ,it was a short 24hours meeting up but you leave me with full of sweet memories , thank you Margunn see you in the future ya...

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/6987255

Hali

Vouched for on December 21, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Wouter in Bangkok in spring 2016 and then again at the Warsaw Poland meetup in September 2016. Look forward to seeing him again in Malaga Spain for New Years 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Wouter is a true friend in every sense of the word. He will stick by you and be there for you. We had a lot of fun together and had some good conversations! He may come across shy at first until you get to know him, but he is soooo worth getting to know! Look forward to our next meetup!

Hali

Jerome
Vouched for on December 21, 2016

I met Jerome at the Warsaw Poland meetup in September 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Jerome is just one of the sweetest guys you will meet. He exudes old world charm and is one of the last few remaining gentlemen out there. He's very laid back and easy going and also very interesting to talk to. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and time together. He also has the most adorable ' giggle' and don't let him tell you otherwise!

I truly hope I will meet up with him again in the future and travel with him somewhere!

Andreja
Vouched for on December 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I am living in Malta for two months and Andrej stopped over a few days.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is good fun, easy going and great company. I get the feeling you can suggest anything to do or anywhere to go and he'll be up for it - my perfect travel buddy 👍

Andreja

Vouched for on December 14, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

We meet in Malta after finding out that both of us are in the same place at the same time...

Why are you vouching for them?

I had a great time with Gwen, and I wish that I had more time in Malta so that we can visit some other areas together.

Fay
How did you meet in real life?

I visited Kuala Lumpur during 13 to 18 October 2016. I wanted to meet few TBs in KL and around so I created a meetup page at TB. I met Fay when she also joined the meetup on 14th Oct. in KL.

Why are you vouching for them?

Arie Fay is really a nice girl with passion of travel. We met on 14th Oct with few other TBs and had a lots of chatting. When I asked her to join me for my Batu Caves excursion the next day, she showed her willingness. We went to Batu caves and explored that area. Then we went to few other places like National mosque etc. She is a great person to travel with. She has been travelling for since long time and really a treasure of knowledge. She is a person who is down to earth and once can easily talk with. Would like to meet her some day again.

soon th…
How did you meet in real life?

I visited Kuala Lumpur during the period 13 October 2016 to 17 October 2016. I met him at a TB meetup in KL.

Why are you vouching for them?

I had planned to visit KL during October 2016 and was looking for active TBs whom I can meet during my stay there. Uncle soon was a person who responded very quickly for the meetup plan. He even suggested good places where we can meet and eat local food.

I met him twice during my stay in KL. He is a real gentleman with lots of local knowledge. He is very enthusiastic in chatting about Malaysia may it be any subject like travel, local people, places, education, traffic etc etc. He drove me to Melaka in his car and was very kind spending an entire day showing me different places in Melaka. We had very interesting chat on different topics during our tour.

I really appreciate his passion of travelling and would like to meet him some time again.

Fay

How did you meet in real life?

First met Bhushan at a KL group meetup (Venue: Tapak Urban Street Dining) on 14th of Oct 2016. The next day, 15th of Oct, we met up at Batu Caves to explore Batu Caves and Mesjid Kuala Lumpur together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan is a sincere, interesting, open-minded, down to earth guy. He did his research on how to efficiently explore KL while also being able to be flexible. Moreover, he is a good photographer. His personality makes traveling together much more interesting and memorable.

Ken

Vouched for on November 30, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I was planning a trip to Ottawa, Canada, for the long Thanksgiving Weekend (24-27 Nov 16) and noticed Corie was interested in the trip to the U.S. We started messaging back and forth and agreed to meet up when I got to Ottawa. The first night we went to the Ottawa Senators/Boston Bruins hockey game...the locals won. Corie was gracious enough to spend a good deal of time with me during my visit. She was a perfect host and showed me areas of the city I wouldn't have found myself. If you get the chance to meet Corie you will feel yourself very lucky to make a great new friend! I'm looking forward to seeing her again, and hopefully getting a chance to show her Boston!

Why are you vouching for them?

Corie made my visit to Ottawa even more enjoyable than it would have been. She is a genuinely nice person who was a pleasure to hang out with. This was my first solo travel adventure in a very long time and Corie set the standard for hospitality!!

Alvin

Ayaka
Vouched for on November 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Ayaka set up a Kimono rental and walk through Fushimi-Inari and Tokufuji temple. It was a great time and she was very nice and accomodating!

Why are you vouching for them?

She is great! I had such a good time meeting with her and will recommend her to anyone else going to the Kansai region of Japan.