TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Vouched for on March 31, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Merlina at Philippines meetup in April 2016. Before that we use to chat on FB messenger and in our whatsapp group. This year (2017) we met again during Cambodia meetup and explored Temples of Angkorwat and some offbeat temples like Beng Mealea and Banteay Srei in Siem Reap.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina is a nice lady with a passion of travel. I could connect with her quite fast because she is a down to earth personality and very polite. She has really travelled a lot. She is always on a lookout for new destinations and plans her vacations well ahead. She adjusts to different situations and I have not heard her complaining about anything while travelling.

I really enjoyed chatting and travelling with her and looking forward for more meetups.

Vouched for on March 31, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Merlina when we picked her up at the NAIA International Airport Terminal 3 on April 2, 2016. The airport suffered an unexpected power outage but with Merlina's resourcefulness, she was able to get word to Brian and me where to pick her up. Over the next few days Merlina and I spent time with our fellow TravBuddies traveling around Manila, Tagaytay, Cebu and Bohol for the April 2016 TravBuddy meetup that I organized.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina is my long lost jiĕjie 姐姐 (older sister). We have so much in common, from being raised Catholic, love parties, dancing and singing, not to mention wanting to travel the world on a reasonably cheap budget! She is absolutely easy to get along with, always willing to try out something new, and makes friends with strangers easily. There is never a dull moment traveling with her!

Aside from Manila, Cebu and Bohol in the Philippines, I have traveled with Merlina to Vietnam and Cambodia, and later on, a few more countries that we haven't visited yet. She took care of me when I was injured traveling during the March 2016 TravBuddy meet in Cambodia, something you'd expect siblings to do (watch out for each other). To that I am eternally grateful to Merlina, and look forward to traveling with her again soon.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/131256/

Vouched for on March 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

First I met Bhushan at the Philippine meet up 2016 in Manila n I met him again at Cambodia meet up in Seam Reap last March 2017.
But before that, we already chat thru online discuss traveling

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan is a very nice, kind, friendly guy n easy to talk to
He is very knowledgeable n knows what he wants to do.
He does research before he visits the place. Never have a dull moment with him n really enjoy travel with him.
I hope we can meet up n travel together again somewhere someday.

Vouched for on March 10, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

It was a last minute quick meetup over a lunch in Bangkok. Nolan connected us via whatsapp messages and we 6 TBs met at Baan Kanitha Restaurant.

Why are you vouching for them?

John is a great person to hang on with. I found him down to earth and very friendly to talk with. He has travelled a lot and now settling in Thailand. Hope to meet and travel with him sometime in future.

Vouched for on March 8, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Wow, so a last minute message from Nolan, while in Cambodia, told me some Travbuddys were doing a quick meetup in Bangkok. Hey, I am in Bangkok so that's great. I hopped on the MRT and headed to the meeting point. We met at a resturant and hung out for a while in Bangkok

Why are you vouching for them?

It was nice talking to Bhushan. He is a world traveler and all around kind and fun guy. I have seen his posts for a long time on Travbuddy so it was a pleasure to finally meet him.

Tharindu
Vouched for on March 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Tharindu showed me around Colombo and gave me some very good tips for my 3 months in Sri Lanka.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a very friendly, warm, charming and welcoming guy. Very relaxed. Very knowledgable about his own country. It was a lovely 2 occasions chatting about all sorts of things with him.

Zila

Vouched for on February 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

My first time meeting friend through Travbuddy.. We went to several tourist attraction in Jakarta and had visited rooftop bar in his list.. I had great time meeting him..

Why are you vouching for them?

He's nice and cool.. Hope I can see you again in another time or place ^^

Keiko

Vouched for on February 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Merlina when she was in Europe trip visiting Amsterdam.

Why are you vouching for them?

Merlina visited Amsterdam during her Europe trip with her friend Nanda, is nice to have the opportunity to meet both of them. She is nice and friendly, we have lots of fun in our daytrip to a 17th century old village Zaanse Schans. We enjoy very much with the small amount of time together.

Zila
Vouched for on February 24, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Zila and her workmate Nana in Jakarta. We had to go to see the old town and ended up in a mall playing arcade games because the Monument Nacional was (unfortunatelly) closed that day... jaja...

Why are you vouching for them?

Zila is full of energy and so much fun. I really enjoyed her company. Only her travel guide skills could improve a bit... haha ;b Keep in touch...

Pri
Vouched for on February 24, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Pri in Jakarta. He showed me the daylife while i showed him the nightlife of the city during my 4 days stay :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Pri is a really friendly and very easy going guy to go for sightseeing or clubbing. Guys like Pri are the reason why Travbuddy is such a great platform. Hopefully meeting him again some day...