TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Hafizah
Vouched for on August 13, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

It was truly a pleasure finally to link up with Hafizah! We messaged each other on TravBuddy and set up a time and place to meet at her hometown. She came prepared with a very thorough itinerary which took into account many minute and personalized details.

Why are you vouching for them?

I was both blown away and touched by how much effort Hafizah put into showing me around! She is extremely caring and thoughtful. For example, she took into account my dietary restrictions as well as made reservations for events in advance in anticipation of what I might like based on our correspondence! Wow!

She is easy-going and a delight to get to know. She selflessly spent many hours with me as well as shared a host of useful pro tips. Anyone who has the good fortune of crossing paths with her will surely feel enriched by this encounter.

RK

Vouched for on August 10, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Eshwar, another Travbuddy member I met in Toronto, told Jon about my visit to British Columbia. Jon was very kind and sent me a message on Facebook to meet up. We met in the last day of my trip to Canada. We met for dinner and then Jon took me on a tour to Vancouver Lookout, Gastown and few blocks around that area. We then walked back to my hostel.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is genuinely a kind and knowledgeable person. We walked together for four hours after having dinner, however, we were constantly talking, chatting and laughing. He is an ideal Vancouver local who can tell you the inside and outside stories about the city, a real traveler with lots of information. I loved how honest, open, straightforward he was. Thank you Jon, you made my trip to Vancouver outstanding :)

RK
Vouched for on August 8, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Rashed met up my TravBuddy friend Eshwar in Toronto, and Eshwar was aware Rashed's travel plan to Vancouver and informed me about it. Therefore, I FB messaged him and arranged a meet up in Vancouver. Due to Rashed tight schedule in Vancouver, we only met up briefly for 4 hours on his last night to have dinner and walked to visit couple local attractions plus the downtown Eastside, known for homeless and an interesting contrast to the typical local attractions.

Why are you vouching for them?

Even though we met and chatted for 4 hours, I found Rashed to be very funny, easy going, and a genuinely nice person inside and outside! I was glad to have met him and hope our paths will cross again, and maybe travelling together in the future.

Thanks, Rashed and it is nice knowing you, and I hope the world has more nice people nice you!

Fergy

Kathrin
Vouched for on July 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Kathrin was another member of the now defunct Virtual Tourist website and we met through meetings organised on that site.

Why are you vouching for them?

As well as being very well-travelled, Kathrin writes extremely well and always researches her writing meticulously. I love reading her stuff. She is also wonderful company, an absolutely charming lady.

Vouched for on July 27, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

we connected through travbud as i posted that i would like to meet locals in Vancouver to travel or show me around. Jon contacted me and we went from there.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is such an amazing being. He so good to have around and he's extremely knowledgeable about Vancouver. He was so nice to drive me around town when I landed in BC, and he's one of the most helpful person I know. We met frequently and had the best bike ride around Stanley park, indulged in delicious ice cream and ended the day with an amazing dinner at The Cactus club. We bonded over dinner and got to know each other much better.. i will definitely come back to Vancouver to visit this new friend of mine. :)
Jon, pls come to Singapore for a visit, as promised I'll take you to places you'll enjoy!!

Vouched for on July 25, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I saw Yvonne's travel plan posting on visiting Vancouver couple months prior, so I contacted her through TravBuddy. Then we exchanged a few email, and we set a time and date to meet up upon her arrival in Vancouver.

Why are you vouching for them?

Through our email correspondence, I sensed Yvonne is a mature and trust worthy person. Upon meeting her in person, I can see right away that she is kind, mature, sincere, down to earth, and genuine. I was a bit surprised because she looks way younger in person!

When you met someone genuine and kind, you could not help and want to spend more time to get to know the person. We spent another afternoon plus another evening for dinner, lunch, and did a bit of sight seeing plus my favourite part of Vancouver --- cycling along the seawall plus dinner at Cactus Club by English Bay. The dinner was memorable as we got to know each other as people, or I should say friends rather. We ended up sharing our life experience, and talking about what matters in life and that was meaningful. Thank you, Yvonne and it's my absolute honour and pleasure to have met you and get to know you as a friend. I hope our paths will cross one day, and who knows, maybe I will re-visit Singapore again.

Keiko

Peter
Vouched for on July 12, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Peter in my home country - Singapore.
We met in 2 different continents within half a year period.
We travel in 5 different cities: Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Amsterdam, Paris and London!
I'm counting down to our next destination! ;)

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a great travel companion, friendly, fun & inspiring!
I'm counting down for our trip to South America with Leo and Marcus!

Peter

Keiko
Vouched for on July 12, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Many times Keiko and I met many times and traveled together many times. First meet up was in Singapore. We explore the city together with another TB and we had a small meet up in the evening. Then I met her again in KL to attend a wedding of another TB member. I also visited her in Holland and she showed me the important sights of the country. She had a trip in Paris while I am there and we see the city together. Also, we had a meet up in London that she organized.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is terrific. Always fun to have her around. We have met in many occasions and its always a remarkable experience with her.

Ko
Vouched for on June 29, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Ko at the 2017 Bangkok ladies meetup, boys allowed dinner.

Why are you vouching for them?

The ladies dinner meetup was very nice and so glad he joined the group. He is very interesting to talk to and an all around fun guy. I hope to meet up with him before he travels again. He is also a newly recruited TravBuddy member thanks to the ladies.

Vouched for on June 25, 2017

On her visit to Houston, TX

Why are you vouching for them?

Sweet person and fun to be with. Had good time roaming around houston and doing things.