TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Bhushan

soon th…
Vouched for on December 9, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I visited Kuala Lumpur during the period 13 October 2016 to 17 October 2016. I met him at a TB meetup in KL.

Why are you vouching for them?

I had planned to visit KL during October 2016 and was looking for active TBs whom I can meet during my stay there. Uncle soon was a person who responded very quickly for the meetup plan. He even suggested good places where we can meet and eat local food.

I met him twice during my stay in KL. He is a real gentleman with lots of local knowledge. He is very enthusiastic in chatting about Malaysia may it be any subject like travel, local people, places, education, traffic etc etc. He drove me to Melaka in his car and was very kind spending an entire day showing me different places in Melaka. We had very interesting chat on different topics during our tour.

I really appreciate his passion of travelling and would like to meet him some time again.

Fay

Bhushan
Vouched for on December 9, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

First met Bhushan at a KL group meetup (Venue: Tapak Urban Street Dining) on 14th of Oct 2016. The next day, 15th of Oct, we met up at Batu Caves to explore Batu Caves and Mesjid Kuala Lumpur together.

Why are you vouching for them?

Bhushan is a sincere, interesting, open-minded, down to earth guy. He did his research on how to efficiently explore KL while also being able to be flexible. Moreover, he is a good photographer. His personality makes traveling together much more interesting and memorable.

Ken

Vouched for on November 30, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I was planning a trip to Ottawa, Canada, for the long Thanksgiving Weekend (24-27 Nov 16) and noticed Corie was interested in the trip to the U.S. We started messaging back and forth and agreed to meet up when I got to Ottawa. The first night we went to the Ottawa Senators/Boston Bruins hockey game...the locals won. Corie was gracious enough to spend a good deal of time with me during my visit. She was a perfect host and showed me areas of the city I wouldn't have found myself. If you get the chance to meet Corie you will feel yourself very lucky to make a great new friend! I'm looking forward to seeing her again, and hopefully getting a chance to show her Boston!

Why are you vouching for them?

Corie made my visit to Ottawa even more enjoyable than it would have been. She is a genuinely nice person who was a pleasure to hang out with. This was my first solo travel adventure in a very long time and Corie set the standard for hospitality!!

Alvin

Ayaka
Vouched for on November 27, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

Ayaka set up a Kimono rental and walk through Fushimi-Inari and Tokufuji temple. It was a great time and she was very nice and accomodating!

Why are you vouching for them?

She is great! I had such a good time meeting with her and will recommend her to anyone else going to the Kansai region of Japan.

Vouched for on November 22, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I was traveling and visiting family in Cocoa Beach Florida for Thanksgiving week. I had been chatting with Cho for a while and told him I would be in the area. I got a chance to get away for a while and drove over to Orlando Florida to meet up with Cho.

Why are you vouching for them?

Cho is a very well traveled guy and all around great person to chat with and exchange stories. He has been to most of the countries I have been and much much more. So we had plenty to talk about. Wish I had more time, but hopefully I will see him around the world in Asia somewhere. ;)

Vouched for on November 22, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

John and I have been exchanging messages on and off the past couple of years. He was at Cocoa Beach in Florida for a reunion with his family during Thanksgiving week and found time to come over to Orlando to meet me and Surubuya.

Why are you vouching for them?

I found John to be quite an interesting fellow, and like he mentioned on his profile, he certainly seems to be a Jack of all trades. We had a good time sharing our travel stories and the TBers we met in person. I wish him the best of luck in his future endeavors and hope to meet up again in the future.

Brian

How did you meet in real life?

I finally had the great pleasure of meeting Dragana in NW China in Oct 2016.
I had read most of Dragana's blogs and viewed her photos and always wanted to meet her so I was excited to learn that we would be traveling together in China.

Why are you vouching for them?

Dragana is an experienced traveler and it was a pleasure to meet and be able to travel with her.
There were 5 of us traveling together so there was always lots to talk about.
We had great fun and it was a pity that Dragana had to eventually leave when we reached Chengdu.
I look forward to traveling with Dragana again as she makes a great travel buddy.

Amy
How did you meet in real life?

I met Amy when I visited Hong Kong, and then we spent some time together couple of weeks later in Beijing.

Why are you vouching for them?

Amy met with me in Hong Kong and showed me around her city. She was very nice and friendly and took me to some places I wouldn't have found on my own.
We then met again in Beijing and spent couple of days together exploring the city. She is smart, well traveled, very organized, friendly and easy to talk to.
It was a lot of fun, and I hope we get to meet again!

Brian

Traveled together in NW China in Oct 2016

Why are you vouching for them?

Finally met Brian and traveled with him in China! He was just like I expected, calm and kind, super easy going, and fun to be with. Very curious and adventurous, good maps reader and great photographer! He's a very experienced traveler, and so friendly, which makes him a wonderful travel buddy! Hope we get to go on another travel adventure together!

Vouched for on November 20, 2016
How did you meet in real life?

I met Dragana first time was in Istabul NY's Eve party meet up 2013-2014 n also met again in Dunhuang ,China 2016.

Why are you vouching for them?

She is a nice woman, good traveller n really fun to travel with her.
She's really positive , open mind n a good company n I really have a good time with her.
I hope I can visit you in Croatia next time if I go to Europe again n can travel together again one day.