TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Ray

Bob
Vouched for on April 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We met up in Pattaya in November 2017.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a very nice chap. Always up for a laugh and a bit of harmless fun. There's never a dull moment when he's around.
We've meet occasionally in the UK and are planning on meeting up again in Thailand in late 2017. Great fella.

Bob

Ray
Vouched for on April 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Spent two weeks together in Pattaya.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a great fella. A super reliable honest chap. Good company and we had some very memorable times together. We have arranged to meet up again in Pattaya in 2017 and we also meet up sometimes for a beer in the UK. A totally sound bloke to spend time with.

Chris

Karen
How did you meet in real life?

Karen came to Adelaide as part of her trip to checkout Australia. As I am a Travel buddy located here in Adelaide and have been treated well by others when travelling, thought it would be nice to give something back to a fellow traveller.

Met Karen (Who is bright and bubbly even with suffering from being slightly jet lagged) at the Airport. Gave her a bit of an orientation and had dinner together before taking her to her couch surfing place. Next day we had an adventure exploring the countryside, going to places like Gorge Wildlife Park (Koalas yeah! eh Karen ).. Morialta Conservation Park .... other locations and Mt Lofty Botanical Gardens (Which unfortunately shut @ 4:00 pm hahaha)
A big day for sure.

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Karen just to let others know that she a no fuss fun type of person. Easily to get along with & adaptable when things don't quite go to plan ... Hopefully this post will help her during future travelling.

maya
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Maya during the Huge TravBuddy meetup in Kuala Lumpur last November 22, 2014. I also met her again in Jakarta during the meetup I organized last August 7, 2016.

Most recently we traveled with TravBuddy friends in Siem Reap and Phnom Penh during the Cambodia meetup last March 4-7, 2017.

Why are you vouching for them?

Maya is one of those TravBuddies you'd think would be quiet at first, only to find out she has loads of laughter and stories once you get to know her. She is well traveled and has numerous interesting stories, especially on her solo trips to exotic and far away destinations. She is also a great resource regarding travel within her country Indonesia, I always ask her about potential destinations for my future trips there.

Maya is open-minded and willing to try many novel things. I always enjoy our discussions from practically any travel and culture related topic, whether in person or via WhatsApp chat. I am certain those three meetups we attended together in the past will just be a few of many more meetups and trips to come.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/7036542

How did you meet in real life?

Mira and I first met at the Huge TravBuddy meetup in Kuala Lumpur last November 22, 2014. However as there were quite a lot of TravBuddies in the noisy pub we went to, we didn't get to chat as much.

I met Mira again last August 13, 2016 in Singapore together with Sue (mountaingirl). The three of us had a great time over dinner at Lau Pa Sat eating quite a lot of food as well as doing photo ops later at the Fullerton Hotel.

Why are you vouching for them?

Mira is a very passionate and adventurous TravBuddy, sometimes to the extent of being stubborn to challenge herself (e.g. her trips to Israel, Nepal and India). She is full of energy and like many of us, has been permanently bitten by the travel bug. Expect Mira to seek out an exotic destination, plan for it in a matter of weeks, and fly off (occasionally solo). She is practically fearless and doesn't get discouraged easily with challenging destinations for most other travelers.

I enjoy chatting with her in person, on FaceBook or via WhatsApp, her insights about many things are quite profound. Looking forward to traveling again with her and our TravBuddy friends to even more exotic destinations like Africa ...

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/7042811

Sue
How did you meet in real life?

I first met Sue in Singapore last August 13, 2016. We had dinner at Lau Pa Sat with Mira (mnmira) that evening. The following day Sue and I had lunch at a quaint Peranakan cafe near Thian Hock Keng temple, and visited some newer buildings I haven't been to in Singapore since my previous visits.

We also traveled together in Siem Reap, Cambodia last March 4-6, 2017 during the TravBuddy meetup.

Why are you vouching for them?

Sue is among the most enthusiastic and adventurous TravBuddy friends one will ever meet. There is never a dull moment meeting or traveling with her, she has so many interesting stories of exotic and nature destinations that not even 1% of travelers would get to visit (e.g. Kamchatka, Svalbard, etc.). She is absolutely a great storyteller and listener, not only in person, but also on the TravBuddy site and FaceBook.

Sue also helped me in going to the hospital to have my fractured leg cast during the Cambodia meetup - it turns out she had a similar injury in the past, so we had fun exchanging 'war stories'. I thoroughly enjoyed my travels with Sue, and look forward to even more epic trips, especially in her domain - the mountains!

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/7042797

Vouched for on April 18, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I was planning a trip to LA and noticed Rom lives there. We started messaging back and forth and agreed to meet up when I got to LA. Rom was gracious enough to spend a good deal of time with me during my visit. He was a perfect host and showed me areas of the city I wouldn't have found myself. (The bookshop, The restaurant and Santa Monica) If you get the chance to meet Rom you will feel yourself very lucky to make a great new friend! I'm looking forward to seeing him again, and hopefully getting a chance to show him Bangkok!

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Rom because he is just one of the sweetest guys you will ever meet and he is one of the best things that happened on my trip in USA. It was just plain easy to get along with him. I thoroughly enjoyed our conversations and his company. We had a lot of fun together. Rom set the standard for hospitality!! He made my visit to LA even more enjoyable than it would have been. He is a genuinely nice, friendly, helpful and a kind person who was more than happy to spend his time showing new friend around. Wish I had more time. Hopefully we can meet up and travel together again somewhere someday.

James

msandre…
Vouched for on April 14, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

After messaging back and forth on travbuddy, me and Andreja met on a warm and rainy evening in Ljubljana. She showed me some of the sights of her lovely city and also taught me a little bit of Ljubljana's history at the same time. Afterwards she showed me a place known for selling the most incredible cake, we were in there a while!

Why are you vouching for them?

Andreja is a kind, generous and very funny person who was more than happy to spend her evening showing a new friend around her gorgeous city. I instantly felt relaxed in her company. She even offered to show me the incredible Lake Bled the next day, she really went that extra mile to help make my trip to Ljubljana a memorable one.

Henry

Eleana
Vouched for on April 9, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Eleana and I hiked along a Dragon's Back in Asia's World City. We ate HK style French toast and even had some beach time :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Eleana is very outgoing, happy and just plain easy to get along with. She's adventurous and, truth be told, a way better hiker than me :)
You'd be lucky to spend the afternoon with this refined, fun and charming outdoorswoman. At least while she's not saving lives or airborne!
Eleanor, thank you for a great day!

Henry

Vouched for on April 9, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met up with Goong to celebrate CNY in Chinatown, Bangkok. We experienced a little Chinese food and a little Thai craziness. We ended the day overlooking the Buddhist temples across the Chao Phraya River :)

Why are you vouching for them?

Goong is a sharp-minded entrepreneur who is well on her way to tycoon status. She's great and charming to be around and the best tour guide south of Chiang Mai if I do say so myself.
Have a blast in the Americas!