TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Vouched for on June 25, 2017

On her visit to Houston, TX

Why are you vouching for them?

Sweet person and fun to be with. Had good time roaming around houston and doing things.

Desmond

Vouched for on June 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I was visiting Rome and wanted to meet a local for drinks and dinner. Sarita gracious enough to show me around.

Why are you vouching for them?

She's friendly and genuine, and was fun to talk to.

Andy

Ebony
Vouched for on June 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We travelled to Cuba in June 2017 for a couple of weeks.

Why are you vouching for them?

clever, fun, easy to travel with. Zest for life, copes with everything ( including grumpy travel buddies)

Ebony

Andy
Vouched for on June 20, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Cuba 2017 which was supposed to be Iceland 2017.

Why are you vouching for them?

Andy is the first TB'r I traveled abroad with. It was a 9.75/10 experience (-.25 to keep him humble). He's very intelligent and passionate about life which made for great conversations about the impact of tourism, online dating, class system in the UK, cultural differences, literature, politics, current events, racism, etc. He can be tense and easily excitable over especially over prices of things (although very generous, maybe too generous to the wrong people?) but has a good sense of humor about the world and humans who inhabit it. Our travels together worked because we stayed honest and easily forgave minor unintentional annoyances. He's a great travel pal for easy going independent TB'rs who aren't typical tourists.

May Ling

Vouched for on June 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Met up with MinJu and her friend for dinner in Istanbul just after the bombing in the Square. Was a very interesting conversation about what she'd just learned in her program from NYU while in Israel. Great break to chat with a fellow nomad and New Yorker on my solo travels.

Why are you vouching for them?

I think she's likely embarking on a long lifetime of random travel. If this helps her connect and enhance her voyage, then awesome!

Huib/Hu…
How did you meet in real life?

I met Huib when I visited Netherlands.

Why are you vouching for them?

Huib was very nice about guiding me through an unfamiliar town.
We had a very good time walking and at an Irish pub.
Thanks.

Keiko
How did you meet in real life?

I met Keiko while visiting Netherlands.

Why are you vouching for them?

Keiko was very nice about guiding me in two unfamiliar towns.
She made my visit very special and organized other TB meetups that enriched my visit.
Thanks Keiko.

Tineke
How did you meet in real life?

I met Tineke when I visited the Netherlands.

Why are you vouching for them?

Tineke was very nice and helpful in guiding me through unfamiliar Netherlands. She has a great attitude and I had a nice day visiting.

How did you meet in real life?

I visited Netherlands and met him twice.

Why are you vouching for them?

Paul was very helpful in guiding me in an unfamiliar place. I enjoyed his company and he enriched my visit.

Vouched for on June 1, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met Walter in my hometown 's-Hertogenbosch. He stayed here for a couple of nights and I showed him around my town.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because I think Walter is a very friendly and honest and man full with sympathy. He is easy to talk with, easy to travel with and I think he knows a lot of the world. It's was definitely worth it to meet up with Walter. I enjoyed showing him around the place I live.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/80738/Showing-Walter-hometown-9