TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

angeliq…

Vouched for on October 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We knew each other for such a long time. Every once in a while we were sending messages to each other, or we would send a smile. When I was writing a blog he was my biggest fan and it stimulated me to write more often. Lately I have been pretty busy, with moving to my new home. So I didn't wrote a lot over the last year. But when I booked my trip to Rome I was checking travbuddy for tips. And that's when I needed to send Paul a message about meeting up.. We bolth agreed it was about time after I guess 5 years? So we met last Tuesday. I picked him up at the train station. After struggling with a parking spot. But when I arrived he was already socializing with the locals from oss city ;) haha..
We went into town, talked a lot and had a great time catching up. Sharing stories and wish lists.. We had a few drinks and a pizza diner to stay in the Italian spirit. As Paul is leaving soon to Italy as well.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because I had a great time with him. We had lots to talk about. Not a quiet moment. He is very easy going and I spend a lovely sunny autumn afternoon with him. Wondering why we didn't met sooner?? 😜
I had a great time.. So who knows what the future holds... 😜

angeliq…
Vouched for on October 18, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We met in Oss, the town right in between the town Angelique is living and where I am living. It's after being in touch here on TB for many years already. We finally met now, although we're living so close.

Why are you vouching for them?

Because she is a nice, friendly woman to have a great time with. She is very travel experienced. That's what we have been talking about 90% of the time; traveling. It was nice to share all our travel stories. One thing we knew for sure. The more countries you visit, the longer the list if growing.

Links to any TravBuddy blogs/reviews/photos with you and them: http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/80738/Living-close-never-met-until-today-11

Vance

Vouched for on October 15, 2017
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

I have enjoyed trading smiles & comments with Stacey for several years here on TravBuddy. With Halloween approaching and an Alice Cooper tribute band performing in Stacey's hometown, the stars aligned and I headed up to Ottawa for a fun weekend.

Why are you vouching for them?

Stacey and her husband Stuart are magnificent hosts, going way overboard to ensure my visit was pleasant. You cannot ask of a better travel partner than Stacey --> respectful, funny, well traveled and chock full of fascinating stories from past rambles around the globe. I felt immediately comfortable with Stacey and that feeling was only nurtured the more time we spent together.

Just watch your back: Stacey can be quite crafty sneaking pictures of you when you are not looking!

:^)

Vance
Vouched for on October 15, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I've been online friends with Vance for several years on both Travbuddy and Facebook. He came for a whirlwind visit that I enjoyed greatly. I'm so glad we finally got to meet in person! Thanks for a great visit!

Why are you vouching for them?

Vance is truly one of the nicest guys I've ever met! He is very easy to get along with and I felt completely safe and comfortable in his presence the entire time. He does tell some awful jokes though. ;)

Nicole

julio c…
Vouched for on October 5, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Julio contacted me when he saw I was going to be in Peru and offered to show me around Lima.

Why are you vouching for them?

Julio was very easy to talk to (his English is soooo much better than my Spanish) and fun to hang out with as we wandered around Miraflores and Barranco Districts for the day. Thanks for teaching me about the bus to Barranco! It came in very handy the next day.

Nicole

Jeremy
Vouched for on October 5, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I had a 12 hour layover in Atlanta and Jeremy contacted me that he would be in Atlanta at the same time.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jeremy was the first person who welcomed me to TravBuddy and my first TravBuddy to meet in person. He was super fun to hang out with and very easy to talk to about everything from beer to sports to life to politics, while wandering aimlessly around the city. And really, how can you not vouch for someone willing to drink beer with you at 10am whilst eating breakfast.

I would have no problems hanging out with Jeremy again and will happily play tour guide when he and his family finally visit Victoria.

Jonathan

Eric
Vouched for on October 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I noticed Eric was visiting Vancouver from the TravBuddy updates, so I contacted him and we eventually met up in Vancouver and I showed him around the city a bit.

Why are you vouching for them?

Eric is down to earth, mature, intelligent, wise, and so easy to talk to and relate to kind of guy! The most rewarding part of meeting other solo travelers through TravBuddy is the fact that I met some wonderful human beings, and shared so much in common about being a solo traveler. Eric is definitely one of those amazing people whom I have the pleasure to meet!

I had a wonderful time meeting him, and it was my honour to have met him and be able to share a moment in this amazing city, Vancouver, where I call home.

I hope to meet up with Eric again in the future!

Eric

Jonathan
Vouched for on October 2, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Jon took me on a tour of downtown Vancouver during my first visit to the city.

Why are you vouching for them?

Jon is one of the most gracious people I have ever met. He contacted me on TravBuddy immediately after I indicated in my travel plans that I was visiting Vancouver. It was only through luck that I saw his message six weeks later, when on a whim I checked TravBuddy shortly before my trip. I’m very glad I did so.
Jon and I arranged to meet, and he gave me a fascinating tour of downtown Vancouver, beginning with the Lookout, then moving down though Hasting Street, Chinatown and finally the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, which is beautiful. He even took me to his favorite bakery in Chinatown, which was scrumptious.
Jon’s intimate knowledge of the city made the tour especially enjoyable. We had a great discussion as we walked from place to place, and we could have continued for hours more if we didn’t have to part ways. I look forward to seeing Jon again when next I visit Vancouver.

Hafizah

Vouched for on September 30, 2017

We met in Melbourne!

Why are you vouching for them?

He is a nice, friendly person to talk to...you don't have to worry when you meet him!

steve

SARAH
Vouched for on September 27, 2017
Have you traveled together? Yes
How did you meet in real life?

I met Sarah when I contacted her through Travbuddy to say that if she would like any help or someone to show her around London to get in touch which she did and we have now met a couple of times and hopefully will do during her stay in London

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Sarah as she is very friendly and fun to be with and I am sure she enjoyed being shown around London and we have planned to meet up again in the coming weeks and months