TravBuddy Success Stories and Testimonials

Hey, it looks like you don't have a TravBuddy account yet. Create a free account today and become a part of our friendly travel community! :)

Brian

Vouched for on September 21, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I met John a couple of times when I was in Bangkok for a week.

Why are you vouching for them?

John is an active and helpful TB member who is happy to meet up with anyone traveling to Bangkok.
I have seen John in photos many times so it was great to finally meet him.
Like many expats John is looking to make Thailand his home and now just exploring his options.
It was interesting listening to his strategy for living here and some info will be helpful to me when I apply for my retirement visa in a few years.
No doubt we will meet again, most likely somewhere in Thailand.

Brian
Vouched for on September 20, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Met Brian passing through Bangkok on Sukhumvit road.

Why are you vouching for them?

I met up with Brian twice during his time in Bangkok. He is very interesting to talk with and very knowledgeable about traveling. I am now trying to get my Thai drivers license. Lol. Enjoy the rest of your travels.

Vouched for on September 18, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

We met each other when Vinit visited in Singapore. We had good conversations before we actually met. We enjoyed the magic show at MBS, Dim Sum dinner, and the views from One Altitude.

Why are you vouching for them?

He is very polite, respects other people, interesting to talk about many different topics, open-minded, smart, humble, detailed, thoughtful, has great self-discipline.

I would highly recommend to meet him!

Carey
Vouched for on August 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I have met Carey in one of his short trip to Port-au-Prince where i am living.

Why are you vouching for them?

Carey is one of the most reserved, respectful, attentive and nice person I have ever met before. Even if I am a talkative person,he was very patient. In one day we did a lot. We went together to a local market to buy souvenirs, gift for his family to a museum, Casino and also local restaurants. I am so glad that he contacted me and asked for some help. We're now permanently in touch like we were already friends. It will be a truly pleasure to meet him again and travel with him.

Carey

Vouched for on August 28, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

I did a short impromptu trip to Port-au-Prince after my original trip fell through. I did a quick search for things to do there the day I ways leaving and thought I had a good list. It was not until arriving there that I realized nothing on mt list was really close. So I contacted Laurie95, as a local on travbuddy, to see if she would offer some ideas. She responded, came to meet me, and showed me around some of the local areas (after she interviewed me in person of course, girl can't be too careful). Way more than I could ask for.

Why are you vouching for them?

Laurie95 went beyond just offering some ideas and was more of a personal guide and became a great friend. She took time out of her life to help me enjoy my short trip and I am very grateful. She also educated me on where best to stay in order to get the places that were on my list (for the next time I visit) and suggested a longer trip would be better. Laurie95 I owe you, and will return the favor anytime you visit.

Francis
How did you meet in real life?

I had been connected with Francis via TravBuddy since 2007 and have conversely via TravBuddy for many years.

My family and I were traveling through Europe and we made a stop in Dublin in June of 2017 and I was finally able to meet with Francis for lunch. He is as I had imagined, a pleasant man and I will certainly look him up when I return to Ireland and/or Europe.

Why are you vouching for them?

I have no other incentive to vouch for Francis other than my recognition that Francis matches his TravBuddy profile personality in person as well.

In Travbuddy ANTARCTICA Mett-Up

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for Jantima because I am returning the favour, lol, just kidding! She is very kind for doing so even if we didn't bond that much during the trip, but whenever we have a chance, we always have a good laugh! She's an adventurous foodie too like me so I hope I could try one of her cooking when I meet her again because I heard it's really good :)

JR
How did you meet in real life?

He is our organizer for the Travbuddy ANTARCTICA Meet-Up. We met for the first time in Buenos Aires enjoying our pint of beer!

Why are you vouching for them?

I am vouching for him because without all his efforts I don't our Antarctica plans will become a reality! I or all of us owe him a lot for this! Thank you JR for doing this and messaging me when I already lost hope of making this dream come true.

JR during this trip is like the big brother I never had, it was always good to be beside him in Antarctica because he keeps me warm, lol! Seriously, he dug my snow hole during our Antarctica camping when all I could do was just one straight line, lol! Thanks for saving me from freezing my ass off that night, miss you brother! :)

Vouched for on August 19, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Michi and I kept in touch via TravBuddy right until we met up in real life. She was very thorough and detailed in replying to all electronic correspondence. We decided on hanging out at a couple events together.

Why are you vouching for them?

I was both touched and blown out the water by how much time and attention Michi gave me when I visited the city she lives in despite her hectic schedule. She was very relaxed, open-minded, thoughtful, caring, smart and happy! Her positive vibes made it easy for us to get along effortlessly.

I'm vouching for her because I believe she is clearly one of the standard-bearers for the TravBuddy community!

Romel

Vouched for on August 16, 2017
How did you meet in real life?

Met Jantima this year (2017) in South America.

Why are you vouching for them?

Firstly, she's a Chef! a good, and very resourceful chef at that. I can't forget how she was able to prepare all ingredients and cook a delicious Chicken curry in a remote place of El Chalten in Argentina.

Secondly, she's very pleasant, beautiful, and smart lady. A highly energetic, and always on the go. I wouldn't mind travelling with her in the future.